Version 5.1.3 (01 January 2023)
- Fields that include a <New> option will now allow a new value to be entered directly in the field.
When leaving the field it will automatically open the New Entry window so you can save it to the list. You can
still use CTRL+N or choose the <New> option in the list to add a new entry as well, but it is no longer necessary.
- The workspaces section has been removed from the Home ribbon and the button images are now shown on the tabs.
The buttons did the same thing as clicking the individual tabs above the ribbon but caused a lot of confusion.
- A new "Forgot Password?" option will appear on the Login window if the login fails. Selecting this option enables you to send a
new random password to the email address on file for the user trying to log in (See help for maintaining user information.)
The user can then log in with the password they receive and change their password.
- Date fields on most Basic search windows now allow entry of a Range (from and to date), as well as operators (>, <, >=, etc).
This enables you to easily search for records in certain date ranges without resoring to an advanced search. These same date range options
are also available on the Advanced search window, which can simplify advanced queries that include a date range component.
- When exiting to the Database Toolkit or Server Utility from within MemberTies, the system will now check for and/or prompt to
delete any records in the (Delete) status, in the same way it would check when exiting normally.
- Automatic Update option. The Check for Updates preference now includes an option to turn on automatic updates. On a multi-user system, this
enables the administrator to choose to upgrade the server machine, and then when each user logs in, their system will notice that 1) an update is available and
2) the server database is a compatible version. With those prerequisites met, the user will be notified that an upgrade is ready to install, and
then it will install as silently as possible. (The Windows UAC prompt may still appear, but no other user intervention is needed.) Note that this
feature will really only be useful on releases going forward, since all users need to be on 5.1.3 before this can work.
- When opening a file for importing, all fields now default to "Ignore Field" rather than blank.
- A "Clear Flags" button has been added to the Reports ribbon, next to the existing Clear Receipts button. Clicking this new button
will clear the general Flag setting on all membership records in the database. This is different than the "Toggle Flags" button on the
other workspaces that reverses the state of the flag and require selecting the target records. Help Topic
- A waiting indicator did not appear when downloading a new version from the Check for Updates window, making it difficult to tell the system
was busy downloading.
- An error about a missing setting appears when running the Return Address Labels report.
- An error about an ambiguous column occurs when running the Membership Data Export report.
- Confusing wording when creating a remote profile has been corrected. The "Server Is Secured" label was renamed to "Use Hosting Server",
since that's really what it is referring to. The old name made it appear that it needed to be turned on and filled in, which would break
connections for in-house multi-user setups. The switch is only needed for database hosted on our servers.
- An error occurs when creating a database with a name that starts with a number. This is a server restriction we didn't realize existed.
Additional validation has been added to prevent saving names like this.
- The success notice on the Restore Database tool in the Database Toolkit has been corrected to say "Restored Successfully" rather than "Created Successfully".
- An error occurs when importing member data that contains custom field list values.
- "Yes/No" switch columns do not export correctly. They remain blank in the export.
- The Default End Date preference setting is not interpreted correctly when the date has past in the current year. The defaulted date should move to the following year.
- An intermitent error occurs when starting the program during license checks. (22.214.171.124)