If you would like your database to be available to multiple users in multiple locations, but do not want to expose your home computer to the Internet for it to function as a database server, you may want to consider database hosting.
Myrro International offers monthly database hosting on dedicated database servers. These servers are used solely for our customers' databases. They do not host other websites, email, games, or anything commonly found on internet servers. They are not used by any other company or individual.
Here are some things to consider:
- The database servers are not shared with anyone or used for anything but hosting databases for our customers. That means no email, no games, no chat, no telecom, no cable services, nothing. There are no children loading games or unknown programs on the computer. Nobody receives an email with a potentially dangerous attachment on these computers.
- The servers are really servers (as opposed to a home computer that typically has fast download speeds, but slow upload speeds, and lots of other processes running and demanding attention from the CPU).
- The servers are in a secure data center, accessible only to authorized personnel. Keycard protocols, biometric scanning protocols and round-the-clock interior and exterior surveillance monitor access to the data center.
- The data center partners with nine network providers to provide redundancy and ensure 100% uptime. The data center guarantees 100% uptime, so we do too. If something does happen and the system is not available, we will extend your hosting period accordingly to make up for it.
- Every fiber carrier enters the data center at a separate point to protect against complete service failures caused by an unlikely network cut.
- The data center network is constantly monitored for route efficiency and performance, automatically improving the network's topology and configuration in real-time.
- Every 90 seconds, all the air in the data center is circulated and filtered to remove dust and contaminants.
- Should a total utility power outage ever occur, the data center's power systems are designed to run uninterrupted, with every server receiving conditioned UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply) power.
- The UPS power subsystem is N+1 redundant, with instantaneous failover if the primary UPS fails.
If an extended utility power outage occurs, the routinely tested, on-site diesel generators can run indefinitely.
- The data center's HVAC (Heating Ventilation Air Conditioning) system is N+1 redundant. This ensures that a duplicate system immediately comes online should there be an HVAC system failure.
Advanced fire suppression systems are designed to stop fires from spreading in the unlikely event one should occur.
Each customer is issued a complex username and password that is required to connect to the database server. That username/password combination enables you to access only your specific database. No other customer will even know what other databases exist, because their username/password combination will be blind to all but their own.
The server username and password values are stored once on your database connection profile, so you don't have to enter them again. Once connected you will be able to create users and passwords inside MemberTies normally, using any security groups and rules you wish.
For an additional fee, we will add your database to a weekly backup process to give you additional peace of mind. We still strongly recommend doing an additional backup to your own computer for added redundancy, but having an additional automatic backup can save you if you forget to make your own backup occasionally.
To restore a database, you must contact support. For security reasons, we cannot allow anyone to load or restore a database onto the server. You can either send use the desired backup file, or we can restore the backup stored on our servers. Allow 24 hours for a database restore.
Backups run at approximately 1:00 am CST (Central Standard Time, GMT -600). When backups run, your database tables may lock momentarily while the database is processed (if you're subscribing to our backup service). If we need to do other server maintenance that requires a restart of the server, we will send out an email ahead of time.
Contact support with any questions about database hosting, or please see our ordering pages if you are ready to order.