Download - MemberTies (Standard Version)
5.3.4 (Build 0)
|Effective Release Date:|
December 2, 2023
December 2, 2023
Please Note: You must be running 64 bit Windows 8.1 or newer to use this software!
If you are upgrading for the first time to version 5.x, please review this information.
This is the complete installation file. It can be used as a new installation, or to update an existing installation. It will not overwrite any existing database.
Note to Microsoft Edge Browser users:
When attempting to download using Microsoft's latest browser, you may get a warning that the software is "not safe" or was "blocked because it could harm your device". Often it also says this is because the softare is "not frequently downloaded." We're working on a way to avoid this, but since we're not a giant company, we'll probably never qualify as "frequently downloaded". You can click the [...] icon and download anyway (or even better, choose "Report this file as safe"), or you can use any other browser (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, etc) without any issues. We apologize for the confusion. It's very frustrating for us as well.
If you already have version 5.3.x installed, you can download this smaller file to patch it to the latest 5.3 version. Do not use the patch with any previous version.
Follow these steps to download and install the software on your computer:
- Exit MemberTies if it is currently running.
- Stop the database server if it is currently running. (This is optional, but recommended.)
To stop the server, go to Start > Programs > MemberTies > Server Utility. If the status on the window says the server is running, click Stop to shut it down. Then close the window.
- Click the "Download" button above. Your browser will probably prompt you to save or open/run the file. Choose to save the file to your My Documents folder.
- After downloading is finished, go to your Desktop and open your My Documents folder.
- Inside the My Documents folder, you will find the setup file you just downloaded. Double-click it to run it. That will start the installation wizard, which will walk you through the setup process.
- If you are prompted to restart your computer after the install finishes, please do so. You will only be prompted to restart the computer if there were files in use that couldn't be replaced by the installation program. If you do not restart, you will be running with an incomplete and possibly corrupted installation.
The entire help file is available here as a printable PDF document. Note that you may need to right-click the link and choose "Save Target As" or "Save Link As" to avoid opening it directly in your web browser.
The full installation files are approximately 40 MB, so download times may vary from a few seconds to several minutes depending on the speed of your connection.
AOL Users: The web browser included with AOL sometimes decompresses files differently than other browsers. If you are getting "corrupt file" errors when you try to run the downloaded file, try the following steps to download the file without AOL's encoding:
- Sign onto AOL the way you normally do.
- Press the "Start" button on your computer's task bar, then choose Programs, then Internet Explorer.
- After Internet Explorer launches, return to this page and try the download again.
- If this solves the problem, please let us know that it worked for you!
If you have any other problems downloading or installing the software, please contact us.