MemberTies Professional - v3+ Revision History
This document provides information about each fixed problem, enhancement, and/or change in functionality included in the original 3.00 release, and all subsequent updates. Please refer to Help for complete information about each change.
This document contains information about the following releases:
Note: Enhancements and problem-fixes from previous releases are automatically incorporated into the latest release.
(10 November 2017)
- Added an Hours column to the Activity Front Desk check-in list. This columns shows the total hours between the attendance start/end dates if available.
- The email and work phone fields are now included when an associated member record is converted to a Friend/Family record.
- Added a format for the Unistat 38935 address labels.
- Added a Membership by Age report that provides counts by age in years. Members without a birthdate are excluded.
- A new Database preference called, Stale Connection Timeout will cause the system to automatically discard any "connection" to the database that is more than X hours old when someone is logging in. This is intended to help in situations where a person's computer crashes or MemberTies doesn't get the chance to log the user out. Note: Setting this value too low could cause an active user to be disconnected. The default value is 8 hours.
- An error occurs logging in immediately after the upgrade on hosted accounts. 4.24a
- An error occurs when setting the status expiration to Start Date + more than 127 days. (4.24b)
- An error occurs when upgrading an old version through v7.15. (4.24b)
- The Check In window will not show future activities for check-in. (4.24b)
- If an associated member with more than 200 characters of comments is converted to a Friend/Family record, an error occurs trying to truncate the comment data.
- When importing updates to private fields, any field not in the import list is cleared.
- A user with "Open Member" security rights is now able to display a member record from the member synopsis area of the Activity Front Desk. Previously, the user had to have Edit Member rights.
- A Row Number field has been added to the "Other" fields area for use on user-defined reports. Adding this field to a report will display a sequential row number.
- An Email field has been added to the Friend/Family record.
- A Work Phone field has been added to the Friend/Family record.
- Our support line telephone number has been changed. Please see the Contact page on our website or the Help/About MemberTies window within the software for details.
- If a search finds a Friend/Family record, an error occurs when clicking the Edit Comments icon in the member synopsis area.
- If you open a globally available email profile and you are not the person who created it, the fields are all blank even though the profile is still functional.
- An error occurs when creating the first email profile in the list, or if no existing email profile is selected. (4.23a)
- An error occurs if 9 statuses exist that start with the same few letters and you create another status with the same initial letters. (4.23a)
- Improved error handling when sending bulk emails so that when one address fails it doesn't halt the process. Also, added the email address to the error log (when sending multiple messages) so it is more obvious what address failed.
- The Dues, Donations, Activity, and Group Dues receipts should display the Date Recognized (which is normally the date of the transaction) rather than the Date Posted (which is the date it is entered into MemberTies. This will mirror the receipt listing report that already uses the date recognized.
- The Anniversary Date is now available on the Change Data (Bulk) actions menu window.
- A long activity description (requiring more than 4 lines) won't display on the Activity Detail report.
- The "Check for Updates" feature will now indicate a new version is available even if it is a patch. Previously, only major releases were included because the thought was that not everyone would be interested in a patch.
- A database error occurs when trying to delete a document. (4.21)
- A database error occurs after sending email. The sent mail log tries to save the entire body of the email, which becomes extremely large when images are embedded, causing an error about exceeding the message size. Images are now stripped out of the saved text correctly. (4.21)
- Blank phone number fields are not collapsing on the Directory report, causing blank spaces in the address. (4.21a)
- An error occurs when creating an association between members when one member has double-quotes in the name, i.e., Robert "Bob" Somebody. (4.21)
- Entering "n%" on the Activity Front Desk to search for last names beginning with "n" does not return any records. (4.21b)
- Deleting a record from the Dues tab on a Group record is not saving. (4.21c)
- A "Clear Check-In Details" preference has been added to control whether the details area of the Front Desk is cleared when the rest of the query fields are cleared.
- A "Copy" option has been added to Security Groups. Copying a security group will copy all of it's associated rules and append "(Copy)" to the name.
- New "Last Posting" fields have been added for user defined reports and documents: Dues Last Credit Posting, Dues Last Debit Posting, Donations Last Credit Posting, and Donations Last Debit Posting. When used on a report, these display the posting amount followed by the date recognized. i.e., "50.00 (01/15/2015)"
- A new Copy option has been add to member and group Dues and Donations lists, to allow an existing posting to be quickly copied as a new posting.
- A new Yearly Dues field is available for Groups. This is primarily an infomrational field, though it is available for user-defined reports and views, and queries. It was added for use on the new Group Yearly Dues Summary report.
- A new field is available for user defined reports and views, called Membership Length. This field provides the number of whole years and months from the Start Date to the End Date (3y 5m) If the End Date is in the future, the length is from the Start Date to Today. If the member is still in their first month, the number of days is shown (i.e., 4d)
- A new field is available for user defined reports and views, called Group Membership Length. This field is similar to the Membership Length field described herin, but applies to the dates that can be set on the Members tab of a Group record.
- A new Group Yearly Dues Summary report has been added. This report totals the Yearly Dues amount set for a group, plus all associated members (using the yearly dues amount assigned to their status) to provided a total amount owned by the group.
- Internal development software upgrade for improved compatibility with Windows 8.
- Internal database server upgrade to MySQL version 5.6.14. If you are running your own server, you
must upgrade to this version as well.
- Importing of Group Other Phone and Type is now supported.
- If any advanced Automatic Postings are defined for an activity, those postings show up for all activities, not just the one where they were created.
- When the activity is changed on the Front Desk window while a member is selected, any automatic postings that were displayed for the previous activity should change to instead show for the new activity.
- If a status has an automatic status change set for the End Date, and also has a scheduled dues posting set for the End Date, only the status change occurs because it is processed before scheduled postings.
- Private Fields display with their original name (i.e., "Private Field 01" instead of their re-labelled name in criteria, email, and document field lists.
- A phone type marked as "Normal" is supposed to be hidden, but still appears on user-defined reports using a phone type field.
- An error occurs deleting a member after the upgrade. (4.20a)
- An error occurs while upgrading an older v3.45 database when it contains invalid reports. (4.20a)
- An error occurs in certain situations when adding an associated member. (4.20b)
- A database error about "person_lname" occurs when importing any friend/family data.(4.20b)
- An error occurs when the Age field is used in a query or view, and a member birthdate makes them more than 250 years old. (4.20c)
- Scheduled postings set for a specific day and month can be triggered the day is reached, regardless of month. (4.20d)
- A database error occurs when changing the Word for Groups preference setting. (4.20e)
- An blank error message displays when deleting a member when the Delete Action preference is set to change the status to (Delete). (4.20e)
- Private fields used in emails are not being replaced with the actual data.(4.20e)
- Performance improvement.(4.20e)
- Member ID Prefix preference not working as expected. (4.20f)
- Dues Balance basic criteria causes an error. Choosing Dues Balance as advanced criteria works normally. (4.20f)
- Unable to delete a status code in certain situations. (4.20f)
- Default report/mail flags are reversed from Status settings when creating a new member. (4.20f)
- The Member ID prefix is being added to the system ID mathematically, rather as a concatenation. (4.20f)
- MemberTies is unable to determine whether the server has been started when it is running automatically as a Windows service. (4.20g)
- MySQL has changed the way decimal values are stored such that anything non-numeric (0-9 or a period) is rejected, whereas they used to convert automatically. We've now added logic to convert values from 123,50 to 123.50 for storage. On-screen formatting will maintain the display correctly. (4.20g)
- An error can occur when deleting certain types of activities. (4.20i)
- The Windows Service setting is cleared from the Server Utility window when upgrading, causing the application to attempt to start the server unnecessarily, resulting in an error. (4.20j)
- Unable to import assigned items. (4.20j)
- The Country Name appears on a user-defined report even when the Hide Default Country preference is turned on. (4.20j)
- An error occurs running the Activity Attendance Totals report. (4.20k)
- A new Attendance Limit advanced option has been added to activities so that a check-in attendance limit can be enforced on a per-activity basis. This works in conjunction with the existing overall attendance limit set for a membership status. This setting is verified when checking in on the Activity Front Desk window or from the membership list. When assigning a member directly to an activity via the Activity window, or a Member window, this setting is automatically overridden.
- Additional security options have been added to make it easier to create a "read only" user who can open member, group, and activity records. New options for "Open Member", "Open Group", and "Open Activity" have been added. A user can be created with Open Member allowed, for example, but not Add, Modify, or Delete Member. Combined with settings for various tabs, this user will be able to open and view the record without saving any changes.
- A new email transmission control to allow a number of messages Per Hour has been added to compliment the Per Minute and Per Connection options.
- A new "Hide" option has been added to status codes so that an old status can be retired from use. Members currently using this status will continue to display it, but the status will not be available to be assigned to anyone else.
- Once a custom date field has been set as required with a default value, clearing the value has no effect and the default remains.
- When sending email, "Cancel All" is working like "Cancel" and only cancels the current email. It should cancel everything.
- Using the "%" or LIKE operators on a front desk search fail to find any matches even though records should be found because it is treating it like a normal "=" search
- Email attachments were not added to the message if Sent Mail was not turned on. (4.10c)
- If a member created via the Front Desk window is assigned a status that requires a relationship, the requirement isn't enforced the way it is when the member is added normally via the Membership List. (4.10d)
- Directory reports are not sorting correctly when there is only company data on the member record. (4.10e)
- Fixed "windows - no disk" error received on machines with a mapped "M" drive. (4.10f)
- A Dues tab has been added to Group records. Group dues work similarly to member dues, with the exception that there is no Status on Group records, so there is no link to yearly dues amounts, etc. Group dues are available on deposits, and for mass adding/deleting, and reporting.
- The Birthday and Anniversary reports have been modified to include a column to show the total years from the member's Birthday or Anniversary date to today. In addition, the reports now include the overall average, total years, min, and max at the bottom of the report.
- Added a new label format for "Pin Fed 3.5 x 1.94 3-Across HERMA 9134"
- A Dues Postings report has been added for the standard version, to provide a simple listing of dues postings. This report is also available in the pro version, though as the name implies it will only return Dues postings, not donations or activities.
- Using double left/right arrows to identify embedded fields on emails and documents can cause problems when trying to import HTML into an email. To prevent this problem, the <> style of field identification has been changed to [[field]] notation instead.
- A new email transmission control to allow a number of messages Per Hour has been added to compliment the Per Minute and Per Connection options.
- Using double left/right arrows to identify embedded fields on emails and documents can cause problems when trying to import HTML into an email. To prevent this problem, the <> style of field identification has been changed to [[field]] notation instead.
- A new automatic posting (for a status) option has been added to post when the Start Date is reached. This works just like the End Date option, and is intended for organizations that set the Start Date in the future, at which time certain initial fees are charged.
- On posting lists (dues, donation, activity) the Cheque Number field is now right-justified.
- When a license is going to expire in the next 30 days, a message is displayed that has options to Apply, Renew, or Close. Clicking close just closes the window but it implies that the software itself is going to close. The button now says "Continue" for clarity.
- When printing a receipt from the Mass Post Dues window, no Printer Settings window is displayed. The system just prints to whatever printer is currently selected.
- The End Date range fields on basic membership report criteria were being applied incorrectly and yielded unexpected results.
- Email signatures are appearing above the email body rather than below. (4.09a)
- An error occurs when displaying contact info from the membership list for some records. (4.09a)
- The address format "United Kingdom (1)" is not recognized when used on reports/labels. (4.09b)
- If an auto-posting for a status is set to be applied on "new record save", the system is applying it every time a record is opened and re-saved, rather than just the first time when the record is being created. (4.09c)
- Minor issues with the timing on a "number of messages per minute" email transmission control were corrected. In addition, a new Per Hour option was added. (4.09c)
- Using the ID of a friend/family members on the Activity Front Desk does not work, but it does work when using Unattended Mode. (4.09e)
- An error occurs when using the bulk update to change 40,000 members at once. (4.09e)
- When using "Save As" to save data to an Excel format, the system will no longer offer to try to open the saved file automatically. This avoids Windows "DDE Errors" that occur when the version of Excel installed fails to open the file automatically. Since opening Excel manually and then opening the saved file will work correctly, we will instead simply show the path to the saved file so it can be opened manually via Excel. (4.09e)
- An option has been added to the Load window for emails to enable you to open an external HTML file. This file completely replaces the active email message, if any, but is then treated like a normal email message. This feature is intended for people who use 3rd party tools like Dreamweaver to design html emails and then need to use them in MemberTies.
- An option has been added to the right-click Insert menu to enable you to insert a URL or Email link, with customized link text. This may be helpful for situations where older email clients do not recognize a URL as a clickable link, or if you want to create a link that displays as "Click Here" rather than the full URL. (Note that using text other than the actual URL or Email address may render the message useless when viewed in a text-only email client, or by someone who chooses to view text instead of HTML.)
- On the Activity Front Desk window, the cursor does not reset to Favorite search field correctly, even though the preference to Reset on Checkin is turned on.
- If a user-defined report is created using Activity data, and Attendance fields are included but no membership fields are included, an error occurs because the system assumes member data would always be included along with attendance data.
- When printing a document, the preview window allows you to set a page "from" range outside the actual range of pages, causing an error.
- If you set a status expiration behavior to expire on Age, the Age value is saved to the database, but it doesn't display when you reopen the window to view the status settings.
- Various message updates and performance tweaks.
- When using the date value "Next Year" as criteria, only "equal" and "not-equal" operands are allowed. All operands but "LIKE/NOT-LIKE" styles should be allowed since these are not compared as ranges but rather against a fixed year value. (4.08a)
- When using an Assigned Item as criteria, the it changes the search to require that the member have "some" assigned items to even be considered. This works well unless the criteria is used with an "OR", in which case members without items are not even considered for the other "side" of the OR clause. (4.08a)
- Setting a Date custom field as available on the Front Desk causes a crash when the Activity Front Desk window is opened. (4.08a)
- When clicking certain error messages (such as a duplicate member warning on the Member Details window), MemberTies will drop to the background behind another open program after the error is clicked. This happens because Windows loses track of which program "owns" the popup message, and so it assigns the focus to the first program it finds. A new message window was created to replace the standard message popup to solve the problem. (4.08a)
- It is now possible to specify up to two custom membership fields to display on the Front Desk window for search purposes.
- The editor for email has been completely rewritten to use a window similar to the Documents window. This means you can bold, italicize, and otherwise format the message on-screen, and it will automatically convert and send as HTML in the background. There is no longer any need to manually enter HTML markup.
- The requirement to include at least one name in the TO list when sending email in Single Message mode has been removed. This was a limitation of a previous version of the 3rd party software used to process messages.
- A new email setting called "Max Recipients" allows you to control how many addresses are added to a message at a time when sending mail in Single Message mode.
- When sending in Single Message (to/cc/bcc) mode, the transmission control settings are now applied to limit the number of messages per minute or connection.
- It is now possible to mark a posting type as inactive, to prevent it from being available for selection on new posting. Inactive posting types will still display on records that have used them, and will be available for selection on reports, criteria, etc.
- A new import tool for Friend/Family data has been added. At a minimum, the person's first and last name, and the parent Member ID must be provided for the import.
- A "Directory Listing (Photo)" report has been added. This is a two-column directory report that includes the member photo on the left side of the information block.
- The number of available sorting levels on user-defined reports and views has been increased from 2 (primary and secondary) to 5.
- An Anniversary List report has been added, similar to the existing Birthday List report.
- A new cross-tab style report, "Postings - Type Grid" has been added. This report shows the member name, posting date, and then a dynamically created column for each posting type specified in your search criteria. Each row and column is totaled.
- A new "Balance Forward" option has been added to account statement reports. This enables you to set a Date Recognized date that the system will use to summarize all previous postings (from that date backward) and display it as "Balance Forward". The report then goes on to only include postings after the specified date. For example, the setting can be used to only show details for the current year's postings, and a balance forward as of 31 December.
- A new name card format has been added: Name Card 3.00 x 4.00 2-Across 3-Dwn 5284/5392
- A new status expiration behavior has been added called Start +Days. The idea is that you can create a probationary status that is valid for X days after their start date, at which time they change to a new status. For example, a Probation status for 30 days, with a next status of Active. After 30 days, assuming you haven't intervened and removed the member or changed them to some other status, they'll automatically become Active without any change to the existing End Date.
- A third Preview panel for Membership, Group, and Activity lists has been added, with additional preview options to show the last three emails sent.
- When the start date of a member is changed, the system will sometimes create an additional status-change history record even if the status didn't change.
- The "copy" button has been removed from the Photo window. Evidently the image control we use for displaying photos no longer supports copying the image.
- An error occurs when using an email attachment whose filename contains an apostrophe.
- Blocked built-in behavior that allows a list to zoom by scrolling the mouse wheel with the CTRL key pressed.
- When sending email in multipe message mode with embedded fields and a message limit set, then after the first set of messages all further messages contain the same embedded data as the last message of the first set. i.e., if sending 50 messages per connection, the first 50 messages are correct, but all the rest show the embedded field data from message number 50. (4.07a)
- The Use Alt Name preference doesn't affect receipts printed directly from the dues/donations/activity posting window. When printed from the Reports window, the preference setting works normally. (4.07b)
- When posting activity income/expenses via the Front Desk during checkin, the Date Recognized of the posting now defaults to the check-in date, not the current date. (4.07b)
- When printing a document, every record's document is generated and appended into a single large document before printing. When printing hundreds of documents, this causes long delays before the preview window opens. Two options have now been added to the Show Data window, to control whether to print each document immediately as generated (the default) or to group everything into one large document (the option you might want if generating a PDF document for a limited number of records). (4.07b)
- The Start Date (Year) and End Date (Year) fields return "[Unknown!]" when used on documents and reports. (4.07c)
- The Associated Member List field only shows the associations one-way. It needs to work like the Associated Members report that shows member A -> B as well as B -> A. (4.07c)
- A new preference has been added to control whether you receive the "Save Changes?" prompt when accessing the dues or donations tab for the first time on a new member record.
- A new Activity Front Desk preference has been added to control whether the Company Name field is displayed on the "Multiple Records" list that is displayed when more than one record matches the search.
- If the country field on a user-defined label is changed to display in uppercase, the country is only hidden if the actual country name in the Country list is also uppercase. The comparison needs to be case-insensitive.
- If the Status Name is used as criteria, the bottom part of the scrollbar is cut off when selecting a status from the criteria popup window, preventing you from scrolling down to the last status.
- An error occurs when printing mailing labels using the "Generic" address format.
- An invalid message about the activity being full to capacity flashes by when a report is run.
- Sometimes the Login window displays a "Connected" message even though the attempted remote connection has failed. (4.06a)
- When an activity is automatically selected on the front desk window, the icons to view/edit activity info are not enabled until you select a different activity. If only one activity exists, it is impossible to enable the icons. (4.06a)
- Using advanced search criteria, you can "tab" into the "Field" field and then use the arrow keys or type to select the desired field (i.e., without opening the field selection window) but the system doesn't recognize that a field was selected when you tab out. (4.06a)
- When activity income was processed via the Front Desk check-in, the new activity balance was not reflected on reports. (4.06a)
- If a member that was checked-in to an activity had multiple family members who could attend an activity, then the Activity Summary information available from the Front Desk window could show blank rows in the list of attendees checked in or out. (4.06a)
- Driver license scanning now supports multi-line data returned by some scanners (as opposed to the single long line of data we normally expect). (4.06a)
- When a document 2 is created by opening document 1 and choosing Save As, any criteria tied to document 1 is also tied to document 2 rather than being duplicated for document 2. This causes any changes to criteria made on either document to also affect the other document. (4.06a)
- When creating a user-defined report, the Calculate field property never enables for a numeric field to allow you to choose to sum or average the field data. (4.06b)
- An error occurs when saving a record on 31 December of a leap year. (4.06c)
- The behavior of the dues, donation, and activity postings windows has changed so that it is not possible to create a posting and print a receipt without having first saved the posting record.
- A new Financial security rule, "Modify Automatic Receipt Nbr" has been added. This rule controls whether a user can change the receipt/book number that is automatically generated by the system when creating a posting that uses receipts.
- A new Financial preference, "Allow Assign Now", controls whether when adding a posting with a Posting Type that generates a receipt, an "Assign Now" option is available to allow the receipt number to be generated and displayed immediately. The default setting is Off, to allow the system to auto-assign the number on save.
- A landscape version of the US Letter Full Page Flyer label format has been added.
- Separate Start and End Date fields specific to a group member assignment have been added. These dates can be set by right-clicking a record in the members list on a Group record.
- The "Roster - Expired" report returns no data because the date comparison isn't properly using the current date.
- Postal regulations state that a comma should not be used to separate any address components, so the comma that was automatically inserted in addresses (i.e., "Dallas, TX 12345") has been removed.
- Item Comments are now available for user-defined reports. (These are comments stored with the item definition itself, rather than those stored when an item is actually assigned.)
- More fields are now available when assigning an item to a member or group record. Previously, only a Date and a Comment were available. Now, there are two date fields, two text fields, and two numeric fields available. Using the Item/Category setup window, the labels for these fields can be changed to suit your needs.
- Support has been added for Avery label formats: 5310, 5311, 5314, 5332, 5334, 5351, and 5352. Note that several formats have the same settings, and were just added for clarity.
- An additional header option on user-defined directory reports allows the full field text to be used, rather than just the first letter.
- Receipt reports now show the amount as a positive number, regardless of whether it was a debit or credit.
- The Auto Logoff preference is now a System preference rather than a user preference. If user settings existed, the system preference will be set to the largest value stored for any user.
- When a backup fails due to a timeout, a more descriptive message is now displayed indicating what the problem was and how to correct it, rather than just indicating the timeout problem in the on-screen message log.
- The Help button on the maintenance window for Custom Fields goes to the Welcome to MemberTies help topic rather than custom fields help.
- An error occurs when exporting the Event Log to a text file.
- When a text custom field value is cleared on a member record, the field doesn't work properly with a pretext value on a user-defined report. The system thinks there is something in the custom field, and concatenates the pretext value to "nothing", resulting in just the pretext value.
- If you enable the second date field for assigned item entry, and then use that as report criteria, the criteria window doesn't open with the normal date options. (4.04a)
- When a new checkbox-style custom field is created, the default setting is not stored unless you reopen the custom field setting, and set the default again. (4.04a)
- Help doesn't open on Edit User Report list window. (4.04a)
- The help system still refers to Relationship Types, but the name has changed to Association Types. (4.04a)
- When an attendance status is saved as search criteria, it reverts to "Please Choose" or some unrelated value when the saved criteria is reloaded. (4.04a)
- When creating a new Associated member record, if you choose the option to copy data from the existing member to the new record, the email and website are included.
- A new Scheduled Posting type has been added to post dues upon "New Record Creation". This enables the automatic posting of initiation fees, new member fees, etc., immediately when the record is first saved, based on the status the record is set to.
- A snapshot for Anniversary Date has been added. It works just like the member Birthday snapshot. (4.03a)
- Assigned Item and Category fields are now available on user-defined reports and views.
- Reports and views will now include records even if part of the data to be shown is missing for those records. For example, a membership report that includes posting or family information would normally only show records that included at least one record of that additional type. Now it would leave those fields blank if no data was available.
- Certain types of reports or views will return multiple records (semi-duplicates) when some of the data occurs multiple times. i.e., if a report includes a Dues Amount Posted, you would see a member record repeated for every dues amount, even though only the amount changes on each row. You now have the ability to mark certain fields to be suppressed if the preceding row contains the same value.
- It is now possible to mark certain fields as part of a Group Header on a standard user-defined report. A header would contain data that would otherwise be repeated on every row, allowing it to display once above the grouped data. For example, a report showing the member name and attended activities could be grouped by member name, showing all the activities underneath.
- The Use Alt Name report preference has been expanded to allow you to better control when the Alt Name is applied. Currently the Alt Name replaces the first/last name on standard mailing labels, cards, and certain other reports with address blocks, and user-defined mailing labels and cards. The new preference lets you turn these on individually, and also includes an option for documents. Note that for user-defined reports and documents, you still must be using one of the "Smart Fields" for names for the replacement to occur. If you use the first name and last name fields on their own, they will not be affected.
- A new report, "Sent Mail by Member" has been added. This shows the sender, subject line, sent date/time, and priority of messages sent to each member.
- The "Year Begin" organization preference has been renamed to "Fiscal Year" for clarity, and several new date criteria options have been added: Current Fiscal Year, Last Fiscal Year, Current Fiscal Quarter, Last Fiscal Quarter, Fiscal Year to Date, and Rest of Fiscal Year.
- Support has been added for Avery label formats: 5310, 5311, 5314, 5332, 5334, 5351, and 5352. Note that several formats have the same settings, and were just added for clarity. (4.03b)
- A new field is available for Documents and Emails called "Today (long format)" which uses the long date format from your computer's Control Panel - Regional Settings. Typically this is a format like: "January 15, 2011" or "Thursday, January 15, 2011" but can be adjusted via control panel.
- When importing member records, if a Prefix is set to be added to new Member IDs, it will now be applied if no Member ID is imported directly.
- A membership preference allows you to set the flag when adding new records. The option is set to Active and works correctly when adding a record directly but when you add records using the Import Data feature then the flag is not set.
- When checking in to an activity from the Front Desk or the Membershiop List, the activity capacity is checked and it stops you from exceeding it. If you check in from the member record itself (on the activity tab) it doesn't stop you.
- When the default Attendance Status is changed to a different existing value, the system continues to use the old default until a restart.
- Some users are unable to use the mouse scroll wheel to scroll the Membership List. We cannot reproduce this, but we did remove some old code that tried to prevent scrolling on non-list windows. Hopefully that will take care of it.
- Combining an "any" posting field with a dues/donation/activity posting field on a user-report causes an error. This combination should not be allowed, because the "any" fields automatically include dues/donation/activity posting fields in the first place.
- Field labels did not print on membership cards when the starting row/column was set to something other than 1/1
- A database error occurs when using criteria to search for a member when adding an activity attendee from the activity window. (4.03a)
- When printing a large document (multiple batches), if you aren't using the default printer, the system tries to change back to the default printer after a batch completes. (4.03a)
- If the selected label format is changed on a report that has custom margins set for a previous label, the new label's margins are not applied until the Margins window is opened and "Default" is clicked.(4.03b)
- User defined reports that include posting data run very slowly when a large amount of posting data exists in the database.(4.03b)
- After one document is open and data is retrieved, if you change to a different document without closing the documents window, the search always returns No Data Found. (4.03d)
- An error occurs when using a family member field on a search. (4.03e)
- A database error occurs when using Dues Posting Type on a user-defined report. (4.03e)
- The activity balance report is displaying an activity once for every posting it contains. (4.03e)
- Some internet service providers drop a connection after a short period of inactivity, causing remote database connections to be lost. Additional code has been added to try to keep the connection alive when using a remote database. (4.03e)
- The front desk search is returning all family members of all members, rather than just ones matching the member searched. (4.03f)
- The Activity x by Member reports are grouping incorrectly when only family members are attendees. (4.03f)
- If a family member checks in to an activity, the Activity tab of the primary member record displays two entries in the attendance section. (4.03f)
- When creating a new user, the password fields appear with asterisks before anything is entered. (4.03f)
- If an activity or posting report is run using Basic criteria, members appear on the report regardless of the Include on Reports setting. (4.03g)
- The Include on Reports and Include in Mailings checkboxes are cleared if a mass dues posting is done with a specific combination of settings. The bug appears if you make the following settings: 1) clear the "Use Status from Member Record"; 2) choose a different status; 3) select the "Update" checkbox, 4) under "Records to Include" choose "All records with a status of"; and, 5)choose a different status. (4.03g)
- The Credit or Debit type of posting types is being ignored when postings are made automatically at "New Record Save" based on the automatic postings settings for a status. (4.03g)
- An error occurs when using the Email window options to remove duplicates, or validate addresses, when an email address contains an apostrophe. (4.03h)
- The Include on Reports flag is being checked when an advanced search is run on the Membership List. The flat should only apply to reports, not list queries. (4.03h)
- When importing attendance, the activity can end up with more attendees than the capacity allows (the Overbook setting is intentionally ignored during an import). The results displayed at the end of the import now indicate any activities that now exceed their capacity.
- A Sponsor may now be set for any activity attendee. This is available on the Front Desk window, as well as the main activity window. Two corresponding reports have also been added. See below.
- When using the Activity Front Desk, the mouse focus now automatically moves to the Check In button after a successful search. In addition, a new preference, "Reset on Check-In" now controls whether the cursor automatically clears the results and returns to the Favorite search field after a successful Check-In.
- The company name is now displayed as well as the member name on the Data list for the Documents window.
- Two sponsor reports have been added: "Activity by Sponsor", and "Activity Sponsorship Counts". The attendance sponsor is also available as report criteria and user-defined reports.
- The Membership by Reference, by Post Code, and by Country reports now include a Grand Total line at the bottom that sums all counts.
- Two new "Friend/Family" reports have been added, mimicing the existing Contact List and Birthday List reports. "Contact List (+Family)" is the existing Contact List report with Friend/Family members included, indented under the corresponding member name. "Birthday List (+Family)" is just like the existing Birthday List report, but includes Friend/Family members in the list as well as members. Friend/Family records are indicated with an asterisk and a corresponding footnote.
- System sometimes incorrectly calculated batches when printing a multi-page document.
- After deleting an attendance record from the Activity tab on the member record, the activity headcount isn't updated until the activity is opened again.
- A user-defined roster/directory report should look more like the system roster, where each "block" of data takes a unique amount of space. Currently, every block is the same size even when there is no data to display. This wastes space and paper.
- If the Country Name field is used on a user-defined report, and a new width is set for it, the width refuses to save. This seems to be the only field affected.
- New import options have been added to allow Activities and Attendance to be imported. Only new activities and new attendance records are created (i.e., no updating existing records). With the standard version, only activities can be imported. With the professional, attendance (including postings) can be imported as well.
- A new preference called "Negative in Red" has been added. When turned on, negative numbers on dues, donation, activity, and deposit posting windows will show in red text instead of black.
- A "basic criteria" option has been added to Reports and Documents. Previously, reports and documents only provided the "Advanced" criteria style of search criteria, while the membership, group, and activity lists all provided an optional basic version. The basic version includes some common search criteria, like dues balance, start/end date ranges, etc., as appropriate to the type of report.
- If a new End Date is provided when saving a Dues Posting, it will show on the receipt even when the receipt is printed on save. Previously, the date didn't change until the save was complete, so a receipt printed immediately would show the existing End Date.
- The list of available font sizes has been extended to 96 points for user defined reports. Note that large sizes will only work in very limited situations, like name cards or post cards. Generally, any font size over 10 will potentially overflow fields and display poorly.
- Occupation Names used to allow entry of 50 characters, but changed to 25 by accident when it became a dropdown list. Need to change it back to 50.
- When a date is entered in a comment field by clicking the Date Stamp icon, it starts on a new line. But when a stored comment is entered by clicking the Comment icon and a Date Stamp is included, it doesn't start on a new line. There should be a new line whenever the date stamp is used.
- When sending an email, the From Address in the message is being set to the Reply-To address by mistake.
- When saving an address list from the email window, The system reports that it was unable to save the address list file, but the file was actually saved correctly.
- Importing dues or donation data causes an error or forces MemberTies to close. (4.01a)
- An "@" symbol can be added in front of an embedded field (i.e., @<<Address1>>) to cause the system to remove the field and preceeding space if the field is empty. When used as the only thing on a line, this causes the "blank line" to be removed when a field is empty.
- Added a full-featured word processor for creating form letters with embedded database fields. The new "Documents" window includes the ability to format text, add images and tables, create paragraph and font styles, and more.
- The Company Name is now displayed on the Membership tab of the Group Details window.
- The Title field has been added to the Change Data (Bulk) window so it's value can be set or cleared for multiple records.
- The Yearly Dues amount associated with a member's status is now available for user-defined reports, documents, and email.
- The Address Type field on addresses now functions more like other dropdown lists. The list is no longer editable, but instead has a option to allow adding a new type quickly. The entire list of available types can be managed via Tools, Dropdown Lists > Address > Address Types.
- A new field for Donation Balance is available on user-defined reports, and views, as well as criteria and email embedded fields.
- A new report preference has been added called Receipt Tag Line. This preference controls whether the Tag Line used on reports will also apply to receipts. This preference is off by default.
- A "Code" value has been added to the Payment Method description, for use on existing Posting reports. The code is essentially an abbreviation, i.e., "AMX" for American Express, or "V" for Visa.
- The Report Font preference has been modified to allow setting of the font face used for the Organization Name. This setting affects all reports (standard and user-defined).
- A "Postings - Statement" report has been added. This is a generic posting report that looks like the existing Dues Account Statement report, but it will include both Activity and Dues postings.
- Additional address fields have been added to combine data for user-reports and views: "County/Post Code", "City/County/Post Code", and "City/State if found else County/Post Code". These are similar to the system combinations used on international address formats.
- When a receipt is printed from outside the Reports window, the logo isn't displayed.
- If you set the paper size report preference to only show US or only A4 sizes, the card printer card sizes are hidden as well (because they aren't US or A4). These should always show.
- When a custom field has been used as criteria or on a user-defined report or view, and the field is deleted, an error can occur the next time the report or view is opened.
- If you open Member A, then from the Associated tab, open Member B and make a change, then save and close B, then save and close A, the Membership List only reflects the change on Member A until you press F5 to refresh.
- If custom list colors (alternating row colors) have been set in preferences, the colors sometimes don't appear until the first time the list is refreshed.
- Photos did not always resize automatically when the photo window was resized.
- If the ToDo list report is printed from the ToDo list window itself, the actual organization name isn't displaying. Instead, the default "Your Club" displays. The report displays correctly when printed from the Reports window. (4.00a)
- If no return address has been set in preferences, a database error occurs. (4.00a)
- The Count of Associations, Family, and Attendance fields cause an error when used as criteria, but work correctly for display. (4.00a)
- The Payment Method was removed from the Totals by Year/Month reports. Since the method is specific to each posting, it doesn't apply. (4.00a)
- On some computers, nothing happens after you click the Log icon on the Settings tab of the email window and choose a file. We believe this was caused by a bug that caused the full path to the file to occasionally be left off, so if the system path didn't include the target folder, nothing happeneds. (4.00a)
- If a new End Date is provided when saving a Dues Posting, it will show on the receipt even when the receipt is printed on save. Previously, the date didn't change until the save was complete, so a receipt printed immediately would show the existing End Date. (4.00a)
- Opening an associated record from the Associated tab sometimes causes the current record to open instead. This happens in this situation: if you open John's record and associate it to Jill, and then later open John's record from Jill's, it tries to open Jill again. (4.00b)
- The system says the occupation is not found when trying to import an occupation value, even if the occupation does exist already. (4.00b)
- The "renew license" button doesn't always open the browser to the store website. (4.00b)
- Saving a document with large images embedded (not linked) can cause a database error. (4.00c)
- Using the bulk update feature on a large membership list is very slow. (4.00c)
- When sending email using the BCC list, sometimes only the first or last address in the BCC list is used. (4.00c)
- A new Unattended Mode (activity front desk) setup option enables you to allow the Activity to be changed directly from the unattended mode window. For situations where members are checking in to one of a number of possible activities, this enables the member to choose which activity they want to check in to.
- The email signature text fields have been expanded to allow 1000 characters rather than 250.
- A "payment method" field has been added to posting windows. Options are provided by the Payment Method list, which may be modified like any other list. Default options include Cheque, Cash, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, etc. This field is not displayed on system reports, but is available for user-defined reports.
- New criteria/user-report fields have been added to break out the components of the Anniversary date. i.e., Anniversary (Day), Anniversary (Month), and Anniversary (Year).
- A new "Activity by Group" report has been added. This report is similar to the Member Activity by Group report, but it also shows groups that have had no attendance.
- A "Postings - Statement" report has been added. This is a generic posting report that looks like the existing Dues Account Statement report, but it will include both Activity and Dues postings.
- Added help topic for creating bar-coded membership cards.
- Upgraded development software to better support some features and displays in Windows 7.
- The Front Desk check-in uses the time off the database server when the "Use Current Time" option is selected. It needs to use the PC time, since the server could be in another time zone.
- If the "Suggest New End Date" financial preference is set to zero, it should be considered "off". Currently the system tries to suggest an end date equal to the current end date, which does nothing and looks odd.
- An error occurs when the Activity Name criteria field is used on an activity receipt. (Attendance fields work normally.)
- Private data imports to existing member records do not work if the member record has never had any private data entered.
- The logo doesn't display when receipts are printed outside the reports window (i.e., from a member record)
- The ToDo list sometimes does not display on startup even when the Login preference is set and there are outstanding ToDo items.
- In Unattended Mode check-in, the first scan or typed ID works, then subsequent IDs are ignored. (3.52a)
- Certain incorrect SSL email configurations could trigger an Windows API error, which was not displayed correctly. (3.52a)
- If an association has not been given an association type, it will not appear on the associated members report(s).(3.52b)
- When an email profile is available to all users, any user other than the original creator who uses it receives a blank error message. (3.52b)
- Stopped using an installation feature that caused a crash on some versions of Windows XP (3.52c)
- If an email is open with a list of attachments, and a new email is loaded that also contains attachments, the list of attachments retains those of the previous email as well as the new. If this email is then saved again, it retains the extra attachments in its list. (3.52c)
- If an item has a sort order set, and you change its name (via Tools > Dropdown Lists > Categories and Items), you receive an invalid message that the sort must be unique because the system finds the record currently being edited by mistake. (x.52d)
- If the user-defined report set to print automatically for a member at Check-In contains an activity field, you get one report per activity the person has ever attended, rather than just the current activity. (3.52e)
- Usability issue: When a new status is created, the Include on Reports and Include in Mailings options default to Off/No. These check boxes now start as Yes to avoid confusion, especially for new users. (3.52f)
- After choosing a record to associate with - two blank records/lines are returned on the Associated Membership Records screen. (3.52f)
Note: With this release, we have decided to start categorizing enhancements to make this list more readable.
- A new option, "Exempt from Attendance Max" has been added to activity records. This option works in conjunction with the "Maximum Activity Attendance" option available on status codes. If an activity is marked as exempt by selecting this option, attendance to the activity will not count toward the max for the status. (If the membership status has no maximum allowed, then this setting has no effect.)
- The Activity Front Desk window has been modified to show the count of attendance of previous activities of the same type. i.e., the Current Attendance list shows the member's current attendance for the selected activity. Now we also show the count of attendance for other activities of the same type for reference.
- The database server has been upgraded to version 5.1.42. If you are running your own (non-MemberTies controlled) MySQL server, you will need to ensure that it is upgraded.
- A new option has been added to the Local Database Server Utility to create a Windows Service that will handle the starting/stopping of the server as windows starts and stops. This is actually the recommended way to run the database server, because it allows for a more graceful server shutdown when windows exits. Options are available on the utility window to provide the service name (i.e., MTService), install, remove, start, and stop it. Note that users of Vista or Windows 7 will receive a UAC notification requiring you to allow the change, since services run at the system level, not the user level.
- The Backup and Table Maintenance Frequency preferences have been changed from user-preferences to system-preferences. This will prevent situations where one user is prompted to do a backup even though one was just done by a different user.
- Email signature text may now be added to any email profile. This text will be added automatically at the end of each email message. (Note: if you send HTML email, you can use HTML codes in the signature too.)
- SSL settings can now be set separately for SMTP vs POP3 server. This enables sending email through Hotmail/Windows Live email accounts. See help for Hotmail, Windows Live, and Gmail profile examples.
- It is now possible to embed attached image files in the body of an HTML email. To embed an image, first add it to the attachment list, then make sure it is selected, put the cursor in the message where you want it to appear, and click the Embed button in the HTML toolbar. An image tag with a CID: value will be created, pointing to the attachment. This will cause the attachment to be displayed inline in the message rather than as a simple attachment.
- A new Search icon has been added to the Addresses tab of the email window. This enables you use a quick-search window to select one or more membership records and automatically add their email address(es) to the list.
- When an email address is changed on the email address list, the system now prompts you as to whether the change should be made on the main member record.
- A new email profile option, "Available to All Users" has been added. If this option is selected, then all MemberTies users (in a multi-user environment) will have access to use/modify the new profile. Otherwise, only the creator of the profile can use/modify it.
- A Find Text option has been added to the Sent Mail tab, enabling you to quickly filter the list to only messages containing specific text in the subject, message, or recipient fields.
- A new set of criteria options for Postings has been added, called Postings (Any). Options include things like "Any Date Recognized", "Any Amount Posted", etc. The idea is that these criteria do not restrict the report to just postings of a certain type.
A new Financial preference has been added called "Update Status". This preference controls whether the Update Status checkbox is selected by default when posting new dues entries. (When this checkbox is selected, the status set on the dues posting is automatically reflected on the main record.)
- In conjunction with this, several "dues" postings reports have been renamed and made generic, with names like "Postings - By Type", "Postings - By Member", etc.
- When running these reports, "Dues" posting criteria will restrict it to dues as before, but using "Any" posting criteria will leave it open. Thus, for example, these reports can be run for "Any Date Recognized" to get all dues, donation, and activity postings for a given date range. Or you could use "Dues Date Recognized" to restrict it to just dues again.
- The Dues Totals by Year/Month report has also been renamed, to "Postings - Totals by Yr/Month". It is no longer restricted to only Dues data, and it uses the full criteria window rather than the simple date range criteria window. Now it can be run for dues, donations, activity, or "Any" postings.
- New fields have been made available for Reports and Views: "Count of Associations", "Count of Friends/Family", and "Count of Attendance". These return a numeric value, and thus can be used for a sum or average on reports, or as criteria.
- The Member ID ("Account Nbr") is now displayed in the upper-right corner of all receipts, similar to the Dues Account Statement reports.
- Activity attendance statuses now have an additional flag for "Report as Attendee". This is selected by default to avoid changing current behavior, but may be turned off for any attendance status. If an attendee has a status that is not reportable, they will not appear on any report as an attendee. This can be used to prevent a person with a "Declined" or "Absent" status from appearing on reports. Note that on the Activity window, the Attendance tab numbers now show something like "5 (8,3,2)" which is shorthand for "5 attendees (8 listed, 3 valid attendees by status, 2 guests)"
- A new Report preference called, "Use Include Criteria" has been added. If this preference is turned on, the system will automatically use the Include on Reports or Include in Mailings check box settings when running reports with member data. They will also use the Include in Mailings check box setting when running Group mailing label reports. If the preference is turned off, the check box settings are ignored unless you choose to manually add a reference to them in you report criteria.
- A new system report, Activity Totals by Type has been added. This report shows total counts and balance by gender, for each activity type.
- A new system report, Activity Type by Member has been added. This report displays the activities a member has attended, grouped by the type of activity.
- Another option has been added to the Dues Account Statement reports to show a list of the member's Friends/Family. This option may be helpful when you want to make it clear that the dues statement covers both the member and associated family members, for example.
- A new field for Title has been added to membership records. This field is only displayed on the Individual Summary system report, but is available for imports, criteria, and user-defined reports as well.
- The Address Name field has been renamed to "Address Type" to eliminate confusion. This is a name change only for clarity.
- The Auto Refresh miscellaneous preference has been replaced with a new preference called List Refresh Style. This preference controls how a list is refreshed as follows: If set to "Targeted", only the active/modified records are refreshed after returning to the member/group/activity list, rather than the old default of refreshing the entire list. If set to "Complete", the entire list will be refreshed. This will dramatically speed refreshes on larger membership lists, especially when using remote connections. The default setting is "Targeted", and you should normally only need to change it if you have multiple users and want to see every possible change from other users as soon as possible. Note that you can still press F5 to perform a complete refresh manually.
- Keyboard shortcuts are not displaying on menus.
- If an existing saved query is modified and saved, you are prompted to overwrite the existing query. Answer yes, and the save completes, but the query disappears from the "Load" list.
- It is possible to save a Group, then reopen the group and change the name to a space and save it. Group name should be required.
- If a new attendee is added to an activity, and that attendee is opened and a new posting is added for that attendee PRIOR to saving the activity, and that posting is eventually added to a deposit -- the attendee name will not be displayed on the Deposit Detail list or report.
- When restoring a database from the Welcome window after a first-time install, the Firewall Notice message appears behind the Welcome window and cannot be dismissed. Continuing with the restore causes an error. (3.51a)
- If a member record only has a company name, the Assigned Items by Member report displays the item count on top of the name. (3.51a)
- When automatic scheduled dues are posted, the dues are posted, but the balance isn't automatically calculated on all affected member records. (This fix will force a recalc of all dues balances to ensure all records are up-to-date). (3.51a)
- The horizontal line displayed below the member name on the Postings - By Source report is the incorrect length. (3.51a)
- On multi-user systems, after opening a member/group record and closing it, the record sometimes remains locked by the user.(3.51b-c)
- When an existing member is opened and new associated members are created from the Associated tab, the new members do not automatically appear on the tab or Membership List when the main member is saved. Pressing F5 to refresh the list displays the new records. (i.e., the list is only refreshing the main member record automatically) (3.51d)
- When importing updates to the current address on an existing member record, the address changes are not saved, only the member changes. (3.51d)
- On multi-user systems, When a member is opened and immediately closed making any changes or saving, the record remains locked by the user. (3.51e)
- When multiple records are returned by the search on the Activity Front Desk window, and each record includes a photo, repeatedly clicking record after record to display the photo will eventually cause photos to stop displaying on that window. (3.51e)
- Reports set up to print automatically at checkin only print if the person is checked in twice. (3.51f)
- If the default font is changed on a user-defined label/card style report, the change is saved but is not redisplayed when the editing window is reopened. (3.51f)
- The table list on the Maintain Tables window has been changed to show only the table name, rather than the longer DatabaseName.TableName format. This allows better display, especially with hosted databases. (3.51f)
- A new tab called "Friends/Family" has been added, and the existing Related tab has been renamed "Associations". Related records (members, group, files) have also been renamed to "Associated" members/groups/files.
An associated member continues to be an actual association to a true membership record, whereas a friend/family record is a non-member that could be associated to a member record (i.e., a spouse, child, pet, etc.).
Friend/Family records have an abbreviated set of fields available, including name, sex, birthdate, and photo. These records CAN be checked-in to activities, but with this exception these records are informational only and cannot be searched for directly. i.e., these records are considered 100% subordinate to the member record, so if you have a member "John" with a son "Paul", a search for a family member called Paul will find John's record, which could then be opened to see the rest.
- The Photo window now automatically displays the photo for the main member, and photos for all associated Friend/Family records. Multiple photos are shown as a scrollable list of "miniature" images, any of which can be selected to display.
- The "Multiple Records" window on the Activity Front Desk (which appears when the search finds more than one match) now includes Check-In and Check-Out buttons. This enables you to select one or more records this list and check them in/out without having to return to the Front Desk window. The associated Member or Friend/Family photo is also displayed on this window for easy identification.
- A new Reports preference called Show Company has been added to control whether the company name is automatically displayed with the member name on reports. This preference applies to all system reports.
- Hebrew Date Conversion is now provided on all date fields. Pressing the "H" key on any date field will open a Gregorian to Hebrew date conversion window, displaying the Hebrew short and long date format for the date. This is intended to make it easy to copy the date for use in a comment, text field, etc. It cannot replace the date actually stored in the date field with the Hebrew version, since all system date fields are still Gregorian format.
- A new option has been added to the Dues Account Statement report to display a Remittance Advice at the bottom. This section is designed to be cut off and mailed back with a payment, to enable the account statement report to function as an invoice if desired.
- A new Unattended Mode setup option called "Not Found Log" has been added. If this option is enabled, the system will track all Member IDs that could not be found. These can be viewed on a corresponding window or report.
- A second freeform text area has been added to the Dues Account Statement reports to appear below the totals. The text to display can be set on the Options tab of the Report Settings window, along with the existing top statement text.
- The name Prefix and Suffix fields now accept 25 characters each, instead of 15.
- The Available To, and the Sort Order are both maintained when adding a new custom field using the Add Another option. (The sort order increases by 1.) In addition, if the main custom fields list is filtered to Groups or Membership fields, the first new field defaults to that type as well.
- Five more Freeform Text fields have been made available for user-defined reports, bring the total to 10.
- New import options are now available to import assigned Items for Member and Group records. Each imported record must include the Member ID (or Group Name for groups), the name of the Item, and the name of the Category.
- The Group Type field may now be imported with other Group fields.
- A new version of the Activity Detail report, called "Activity Detail (w/Absentee)" has been added. This report includes an additional section to show all members who are not attendees of the activity. Note that this report only makes sense to use in organizations where the entire membership typically attends an activity, because the report doesn't know who "should" have attended, so it will happily list 30,000 absentees if they are found. It most situations, it makes more sense to add attendees as "invited" and mark them present as appropriate if you need to easily know who didn't attend.
- A new member criteria field called "Absent from Activity" has been added for use on any membership report. Using criteria like "Absent from Activity = My Activity" will cause the member report to only show members who were absent from that activity. This allows a Contact List to function as an absentee list, for example.
- Database profile settings may now be exported to a .profile file, and then imported on a different installation to quickly recreate the connection settings. This can be a real time saver when setting up multiple computers with complex remote connection profiles.
- Updated PDF Printer: The PDF printer drivers have been updated for Windows 7 compatibility.
- When selecting the type of posting to include in a search on the Add Postings to Deposit window, a selection of "Activity" reverts to "Donations."
- Opening an existing Advanced criteria value and clicking cancel incorrectly clears the existing value.
- A blank value could be saved for a Custom Field list value. Blanks are unnecessary because every custom field defined as a list automatically provides a "(none)" option that displays as a blank field.
- The right-click popup menu shows Add/Copy/Open rather than Add/Open/Delete on the Dues/Donation lists. However, if you choose Copy you get the Open behavior, and if you choose Open you get the delete behavior. Only the names are wrong.
- User-defined reports that include a member field don't return data unless the member is linked to at least one Friend/Family record.(Released in 3.50a)
- The Activity Posting check number field doesn't work on user-defined reports. (Released in 3.50a)
- The dues status value does not import correctly. (Released in 3.50b)
- An error occurs when trying to copy a user-defined report. (Released in 3.50b)
- When an address includes multiple addresses with corresponding address ranges, all ranges appear on each address, rather than just the range that applies to that address. This is a display issue only. The ranges are assigned appropriately to each address and calculate the active address correctly at startup. (Released in 3.50c)
- You can now create an unlimited number of custom fields, specify which are numbers, decimals, dates, currency, etc., set default values, create lists, make them available for import, email, criteria, reports, and more. In previous releases, custom data was always saved as text, even if it displayed as a number. This prevented you from creating reports that summed or averaged a custom field value. Now, all data is saved by type of data, so sums and averages are available, as well as numeric sorting. Note: No data will be changed during the upgrade, but ALL existing custom fields will be reset to 40 character text fields with NO default value. You will need to go in and modify fields to set the behaviors you need. This was done to avoid copying all of the validation logic present in the custom field window into the upgrade.
- Several performance enhancements have been made related to opening Member records and running reports.
- The import process has been completely rewritten to make it much, much faster and more robust. This rewrite was partially caused by the rewrite of custom fields. The preview display at the end of the import has been replaced with a simple summary of the import results and any errors. This eliminates the need to keep all the data being imported in memory, which drastically improves performance.
- Donations can now be imported, just like Dues. See Help for information about fields that must exist in the import file.
- Related members and related groups can now be imported. See Help for information about fields that must exist in the import file.
- A new "(Restore Database...)" option has been added to the Login window, as an option in the database dropdown list. If this option is selected, the Restore Database window opens, and you are able to select and restore a backup as a new database in one step. A similar option has been added to the Welcome window that appears when no databases exist. This eliminates the old procedure of creating a new database first, then logging in, then restoring the backup, then restarting MemberTies.
- A new Options tab has been added to the Report Settings window for the Individual and Group Summary reports. On this tab you can select which sections of the report will be displayed, including comments, dues, donations, items, relationships, custom fields, and history.
- The Save and Load buttons have been changed to smaller icon-style buttons on the Criteria windows, and are also available as right-click options from the criteria list. This was done to help eliminate confusion when creating criteria.
- Occupations are now a pre-definable list similar to States, Countries, References, etc. This enables you to add occupations ahead of time, merge similar entries, etc., via Tools > Dropdown Lists > Occupation Names. This change was done to improve performance when opening member records, to eliminate a scan for existing occupation names.
- A new Database preference called Maintenance Prompt (Days) now enables you to have the system prompt you to run maintenance on the database. Table Maintenance goes a long way toward ensuring that the database runs as fast as possible, and that tables are error-free. The default is 30 days, and should normally be set between 30 and 90 days, depending on number of users, and how frequently data is changed. Note that only the mtadmin user can set or see this prompt.
- A new "File" option has been added to the Remove Email Address tool available on the Actions menu on the Membership List. Choosing this option enables you to specify a file containing a list of addresses to be removed, rather than specifying them one at a time.
- The screen font used throughout the software has been changed from MS Sans Serif to Tahoma. This follows the current Windows standard from Microsoft.
- New import options are now available to import assigned Items for Member and Group records. Each imported record must include the Member ID (or Group Name for groups), the name of the Item, and the name of the Category. (Released in 3.45i)
- The Items portion of the Member or Group summary report could display incorrect items in certain situations.
- If a user does not have the Delete Member security privilege, they can still set a member record to the (Delete) status.
- An error occurs when using the member status as criteria on the Group Membership report.
- The Event Log option was mistakenly available to non-admin users. This option has now been hidden from non-admin users.
- The new value is not saved when changing the KB setting for the File Storage database preference.
- If no status has been specified as the Default status, an error occurs when adding a new membership record. (Workaround prior to this fix is to mark one status as the default.)
- The report title (Dues Receipt) is partially obscured when a logo is displayed. (Released in 3.45a)
- Occupations are displaying the internal ID on Views. (Released in 3.45a)
- An error occurs when using the Activity Receipt Number on a report. (Released in 3.45a)
- Using a Group custom field on some membership reports causes an error. (Released in 3.45a)
- Various reports are not recognizing all criteria. (Released in 3.45a)
- When a custom field is defined as a Checkbox, it needs to display as a dropdown list containing "Selected" and "Cleared" options on the Mass Data Change window. This mimics other checkbox fields, such as Include in Mailings, etc., on this window. (Released in 3.45b)
- An error occurs if the "Club Name (Licensee)" field is used as a primary or secondary sort on a user-defined report. (Released in 3.45b)
- An error occurs when trying to import related members using non-numeric member IDs. (Released in 3.45b)
- Certain birth dates calculate to an incorrect age on the member record when the system date format is DD/MM/YYYY. (Released in 3.45c)
- To Do items, when saved, aren't always associated to the member record. They show up on the master To Do list as not assigned to anyone specific. (Released in 3.45c)
- URLs are ignored by Firefox for some reason beginning with later service packs of XP. This meant MemberTies couldn't send a URL to the browser to be displayed. Rewrote logic to use a different windows API and it seems to now work correctly with all browsers.(Released in 3.45d)
- The sort on the Birthday List doesn't work when the system date format is dd/mm/yyyy. (Released in 3.45d)
- The email window opens slowly when a lot of sent mail data exists. (Released in 3.45d)
- Data Tests for duplicate members never finishes when large numbers of duplicates exist. (Released in 3.45d)
- When importing Dues postings, the values are always negative, regardless of the debit/credit setting of the posting type imported. (Released in 3.45e)
- The Membership Data Export report doesn't pull values for the birthdate. The column is there, but empty. (Released in 3.45e)
- When logging back in after being disconnected by a database timeout, or a server timeout from inactivity, a warning is normally displayed that the user appears to already be logged in. The system now checks the existing connection list on the server to determine whether an old connection ID stored in the database really still exists. If it doesn't exist, it silently removes it and allows a normal login. (Released in 3.45e)
- If the Database preference for File and Photo storage is set to store in the databse, the Individual Summary report shows the "no photo available" cartoon character when there is no photo. Reports should never show this image. (Released in 3.45f)
- If no member ID is imported as part of the import file, the results sometimes show data from other fields in the member ID field. (Released in 3.45f)
- An error occurs if the same member is listed twice in an import file that is being used to update existing member records. (Released in 3.45g)
- If no default status exists, and the import has no status value, or has a status value that doesn't match any existing status in the system, you end up with a record that is invisible. The import will now require that a default status exists before proceeding. (Released in 3.45g)
- An error occurs when using criteria of "Date Recognized = No Date". Also, the system allows the date recognized to be cleared and saved as blank. The date should be required. (Released in 3.45g)
- The comments field on the Summary - Group report doesn't wrap long lines of text. (Released in 3.45g)
- The Activity and Attendance Start/End times are truncated at 4 characters, so 12 hr format "10:15 PM" displays as "10:1", and 24 hour format "22:15" displays as "22:1" (Released in 3.45g)
- Old reports had not been removed in some installations, causing an error if selected. (Released in 3.45h)
- Pressing cancel to close the Login window after returning to it via File > Log Out leaves the application running in the background because only the window closes.(Released in 3.45i)
- An option has been added to the Login window to select the desired language. Currently only two English variations are available -- US and UK English. If you would like to help create a translation to your own language, please contact us.
- The Dues Balance and Activity Balance criteria fields are now displayed under the appropriate (dues postings/activity postings) sections, rather than under Members and Activities.
- A new column for "Balance" has been added to the Current Attendance list on the Activity Front Desk window. This column shows the total debits + credits assigned to the attendance entry for the activity. This is designed to make it easy to tell whether an attendee has paid or perhaps pre-paid.
- A Request Read Receipt option has been added to email settings. This will tell the receiving mail software to acknowledge that the message has been opened/read IF the recipient allows this notification.
- The Name and ID List report always sorts Member IDs as non-numeric.
- When the comments field is added to a user-defined view or report, and the results saved to a text file via Save As, the comments field is truncated to 50 characters.
- An error occurs when searching on a custom field defined as Numeric.
- Invalid values for phone type codes appear on some system reports. User-defined reports are unaffected.
- Some users have had a problem with Windows blocking the complete writing of a backup file. To MemberTies, the backup completed, but in reality the file was not completely written. We've added additional error checking to try to verify that the backup file was indeed written fully. This is a very important change to help ensure that your backup is available when you need it. (FYI - The problem with Windows was normally fixed by installing all available Windows Updates and Patches from Microsoft. This change to MemberTies just helps you identify the problem sooner.) (Released in 3.44a)
- Email Help was updated to make it clear that when using the Single Message option, if only the BCC field is used no message will be sent -- at least one address must be in the TO field. This is a "feature" of the 3rd party email tool embedded in MemberTies and cannot be changed. (We recommend using the Multiple Message option and dispensing with the old to/cc/bcc style of email entirely.) (Released in 3.44b)
- The country is displayed in the member address when a dues receipt is printed directly from the dues tab, regardless of the Hide Default Country setting. The country is hidden properly when printing from the Reports window. (Released in 3.44b)
- This menu option should not be available for user-defined reports. The option is designed to allow a system report to be "copied" by saving it under a new name. For user-defined reports, this can be done on the User Reports List window. The menu option has been removed. (Released in 3.44b)
- Checkbox fields on member/group records are not defaulting properly in the database, causing problems with some criteria. (Released in 3.44b)
- To simplify our upgrade logic and reduce the chance for errors, upgrade support for the old 2.x/5.x versions has been discontinued. These are versions released in 2006 or earlier. As of this release, the software will only be able to upgrade databases used with MemberTies Professional v3.x or MemberTies (standard) v6.x. If you have an old database that must be upgraded, we will require a minimum 2 hour support charge for us to manually upgrade the database. All affected users were notified (via email address on file) of this change in October, 2008.
- The total number of items is now displayed at each level of all assigned items report, as well as an overall total.
- The criteria value choices for End Date (Month), Birthdate (Month) and Start Date (Month) now include [Current Month], [Next Month], and [Last Month]. Note that this criteria only looks at the month, not the day or year.
- The window(s) for creating or maintaining database profiles have been simplified due to the removal of old database upgrade options.
- Internal change -- Simplified the storage of user names and IDs and made it consistent across the database. Shouldn't be noticable unless a name is displaying as an ID number by mistake somewhere.
- Internal change -- Completed several database changes in preparation for the Inventory system currently in progress.
- When recalling a sent email message that was saved, apostrophe and backslash characters are duplicated. (This fixes messages saved from this point forward. Existing messages that were saved will still have the extra characters.)
- The Unattended Mode setup area has a dropdown for "Mode" that includes some invalid entries that should be removed.
- After relating a member to another member, if you open the details for the relationship and make changes, an error occurs when saving. (Released in 3.43a)
- Pressing the ENTER key on a Membership List, Group List, or Activity List does not open that record. (Released in 3.43a)
- Using criteria that compares a date to "No Date" is not working correctly. (Released in v3.43a)
- If you add an attendee to an activity, and then without saving, open the attendee and add a posting, and then save everything, a database error occurs. (Released in 3.43a)
- When making bulk member changes, the record is not updated with the current logged on user as to who made the change. (Released in 3.43b)
- When saving a posting type with a min or max amount that is not a whole number, such as 1.51, the amount is rounded up to 2.00. The system should any amount. This only affects people who upgraded from a version prior to 3.40.) (Released in 3.43b)
- If a custom field is defined as a List, an error occurs trying to create a new value or edit the existing value. (Released in 3.43b)
- On some system reports, choosing the city/state/county as the sort doesn't change the sort. (Released in 3.43c)
- The printer dialog displayed varies from the dialog that would be displayed by Windows. Call the system print window instead, which should recognize settings available to the printer driver. (Released in 3.43c)
- When a new database is created, system mailing label and card reports do not have a label ID set, so they can't be run. (Released in 3.43c)
- The PDF995 pdf printing driver is running in "sponsored mode" and showing an advertisement after printing. (Released in 3.43c)
- If you delete a user, and then try to create a new user by the same name, an error occurs. (Released in 3.43d)
- In some cases, the postings table internal sequence didn't get initialized. After installing this patch, you can login as the mtadmin user and choose Tools > Database Tools > Reset Sequences to fix the issue. (Released in 3.43e)
- An error occurs when selecting the specific status values when using the Dues Status Posted report criteria field. (Released in 3.43f)
- Email is now sent using Base 64 encoding, which will allow for high ascii characters, and also prevents mail servers from breaking lines at 76 characters. (Released in 3.43g)
- The default working directory (used for things like system logs) is now: "c:\documents and settings\all users\application data\memberties\logs\" to avoid problems on some computers that have this directory secured. (Released in 3.43g)
- The Remove Email Address tool mistakenly removes "email@example.com" when searching for "firstname.lastname@example.org". (Released in 3.43i)
- When loading a saved email message, there is no scroll bar on the list of saved messages. (Released in 3.43i)
- A new entry in the member's Status Change History log isn't always written when saving the record. (Released in 3.43i)
- No results are returned when using Updated By as member search criteria. (Released in 3.43i)
- When the PC shortdate format is set to a single digit month/day option (i.e., 3/5/2009) instead of two digit (03/05/2009) the Birthday List report shows inconsistent results for the month/day portion. (Released in 3.43i)
- The Name and ID List report always sorts Member IDs as non-numeric. (Released in 3.43j)
- When the comments field is added to a user-defined view or report, and the results saved to a text file via Save As, the comments field is truncated to 50 characters. (Released in 3.43j)
- An error occurs when searching on a custom field defined as Numeric. (Released in 3.43j)
- A new option has been added to the Login window to select the desired language. Currently only two English variations are available -- US and UK English. If you would like to help create a translation to your own language, please contact us. (Released in 3.43j)
- The Dues Balance and Activity Balance criteria fields are now displayed under the appropriate (dues postings/activity postings) sections, rather than under Members and Activities. (Released in 3.43j)
- It is now possible to set a default Phone Type specific to Home, Work, and Other phone numbers, rather than one default that is used for all.
- New Membership by ZIP Code, and Membership by Reference reports have been added. These reports are similar to the Membership by Country, showing the number of members only.
- An option to display a dotted line between records on user-defined standard columnar reports has been added. The line can appear after every line, or every 2, 3, 4, or 5th line. Please Note: In print preview mode, the dotted line may not display, but it will appear on the printed report.
- A new Receipt Listing report has been added, to display a list of postings for which a receipt number exists.
- The Assign Activity window (accessible via the Actions menu on the Membership List) now enables you to select any number of members on the Membership List, and then check them in to any number of activities at once. This Assign Activity window is also used on the Activities tab of the member record, to also allow assignment to multiple activities at once.
- The Receipt Number and Book values are now included in the list on the Dues and Donation tab pages on the member record.
- A new Miscellaneous security rule, "Address email as a single message (To/CC/BCC style)." has been added. If a user belongs to a security group that is not allowed this rule, the "Single" addressing option will be disabled on the email window, forcing them to use the standard "Multiple" message style of addressing.
- When using a posting type as report criteria, the Value now presents a list of all applicable posting types. This enables you to easily select all Credit types, or all Debit types, or any combination. When multiple types are selected for "=", the criteria finds records with any posting type in the selected types. For "<>" (not equal) the criteria finds records with a posting type not in the selected set.
- The member or group record associated with a To Do list item can now be opened directly from the To Do list via the right-click menu.
- Sort Options have been added to the To Do List report.
- A new "Related Groups" preview has been added to the list of available Previews for the Membership List.
- A new Member Activity by Group report has been added. This report shows activity attendance for each member, within an associated group.
- The window presented when searching for an existing database to use for a new database profile has been changed. The window no longer shows a standard "choose folder" dialog. The server already knows what databases are available, so a ready-made list is provided to choose from. This also prevents problems when the computer is not set up to show hidden files and folders.
- The toolbar button for Groups was not displaying the Organization-specific preference setting for "Name For Groups".
- If email is sent directly from the membership record (rather than from a list or bulk email), and the Save to Sent Mail email setting is turned on, the member does not get internally associated with the sent mail entry.
- The email priority setting is not always applying to the outgoing message.
- Activity attendance status and role are not available for user-defined reports.
- User-defined roster/directory reports didn't upgrade correctly. After installing this patch, you must go to the user-defined report list, and open any roster or directory report, make a small change, click Apply to save, and then remove your change if needed, and save again. This will re-save the report and it will work correctly again. (Released in 3.42a)
- When using File - Save As from a list or report window, the system doesn't remember the location. On the next Save As, it defaults to My Documents\MemberTies\ again. (Released in 3.42b)
- Duplicate margin settings prevented margin settings from converting properly. This causes a warning when opening the report, and an error when saving new margin settings. (Released in 3.42b)
- When defining or running a user-defined report, the selected label (or card, etc) format is not saving and the report always runs as the first format style in the list. (Released in 3.42c)
- Dues receipt number and amount report an error when imported. (Released in 3.42c)
- A database error occurs when trying to copy a user-defined report. The resulting copy then is not usable and must be deleted. (Released in 3.42c)
- Activity User Reports are now available! User defined reports can now be created using activity data as the primary data type. In addition, many additional fields are available to all user-reports. Please read the help topic for user-reports to understand the implication of adding certain fields to reports.
- A new Advanced activity option enables you to define a specific posting to be applied to an attendee based upon their status. i.e., Gold members are automatically charged $50, Silver are $75, etc. A single "Default" can also be defined which is applied to any member without a specific amount defined for it.
- A new Advanced activity option enables one or more user-defined reports to be automatically printed at Check-In or Check-Out via the Activity Front Desk. The report will automatically print only for the member being checked-in/out.
- A new Tab Order preference has been added to both the Membership and Group preference sections. This preference controls the order in which tab pages are displayed, and WHICH tabs are displayed. Any tab can be turned off or repositioned except the General/Status tab, which must come first.
- Five freeform text fields are now available to use on user-defined reports. After adding a freeform text field to a report, modify the field properties to add the Text to display.
- A new expiration option has been added to Status codes. A status can now be set to expire at a specific member age. i.e., a "Junior" status could automatically expire and change to "Adult" status when a member is 18, and the "Adult" status could change to "Senior" when the member is 65.
- The activity balances report has been reformatted to fit everything on one line. In addition, any column can be specified as the sort (rather than the pre-defined sort by activity name).
- The "Active Connections" window now includes the total time logged in, using the format hh:mm:ss (hours:minutes:seconds) as well as the login date/time itself.
- License information is now stored in the database itself, rather than in a file on the computer. With this change, a license only needs to be entered one time on a multi-user system for all users to benefit. The license information will also be backed up and/or restored with the database.
- Private Data fields are now available as report criteria and as fields for user-defined reports/views. Only a user who is in a Security Group with rights to view the Private Data tab on the member record is allowed to display a report or view containing private fields or use private fields as criteria.
- The fields available for report criteria have been expanded where possible. Now, membership reports have access to criteria fields from group and activity data, etc. This allows you to, for example, run an activity report only for activities with attending members who belong to a certain group. There are ramifications to adding certain fields to certain types of reports however. Please see help for details, as certain fields can completely change the behavior of a report.
- The list of available fields for report criteria, as well as for user-defined reports, has been changed to feature a treeview style listing. With the tree style, fields are grouped under their general type, i.e., Activity, Membership, Custom Fields, Address, Postings, etc. When adding criteria, the tree selection opens as a separate window similar to the options for the criteria Value (keeping it as a dropdown was too messy). For user-defined reports, the treeview replaces the old list of selectable fields.
- Additional fields have been added to the "Change Data (Bulk)" option for updating member record data. In addition, the old method of clearning a field by entering "=CLEAR" as the new value is no longer supported. Instead, each field that can be cleared now has a checkbox labeled "Clear" next to it. Selecting this checkbox will clear the contents of the field on all selected records.
- A new "Assign Activity" option has been added to the Actions menu on the Membership List. This option enables you to assign one or more members to an activity at once, and create an activity posting at the same time if needed.
- A new Miscellaneous preference called "Prompt on Cancel" has been added. If this preference is turned on, the system will prompt to save changes even though the Cancel button was clicked. The default behavior is that clicking Cancel means you want to abandon any changes and close the window without saving.
- The "Attendance Comments" field is now available on the Advanced search window for Activities.
- A new check box labeled "Hide" has been added to the setup window for user defined cards. Selecting this option will clear any previously set logo entry, and remove the logo from the card.
- It is now possible to provide replacement language files for the software. We are only able to provide a US and UK version however, since we are linguistically challenged. However, we have created a tool to facilitate providing alternate translations for the files. Contact support for details. See help for information about switching language files.
- Currently, the Alt Name only replaces the first/last name on Mailing Labels. A new report preference, "Use Alt Name" has been added. When this preference is On, the Alt Name will be used on ALL member reports containing an address block, including Account Statements, Post Cards, etc., not just mailing labels.
- Two new name card/badge formats have been added for user-defined reports: 1) Name Card 2.33 x 3.38 2-Across 4-Dwn 50/53/5895, 2) Name Card 3.00 x 4.00 2-Across 3-Down 5384,5392
- When a new record is created with a status set to one that requires a relationship, and before saving a new related record is created using data from the current one, the last name says *temp and nothing defaults (address data, default start/end date, etc) from the existing record.
- The Dues Balance report has been modified to display an actual calculation of the balance. Previously, it showed whatever the CURRENT balance was. With this change, it will show the balance based on any posting criteria that might be used with the report. So using criteria to show postings for the previous year will show an appropriate balance.
- In certain situations, following a restore to the active database, an error about saving preferences was displayed upon restarting the software.
- If the "Show Hidden Files and Folders" option is turned off in Windows Explorer, it may not be possible to select a database from the Server Utility window to run table maintenance if the databases are stored in the default location (c:\documents and settings\all users\application data\memberties\database).
- If the preference to delete "(Delete)" status records was turned on, the reported count to be deleted seemed off sometimes. This was caused by the system including "temp" records that were not visible to the user.
- A database error occurred when printing a receipt from the dues/donations window. (Released in 3.41a)
- Address line names defined in Preferences were being overwritten by the default translation text. (Released in 3.41a)
- Pre-loaded IDs are marked as "used" when a new member record is created, but they are not always displayed on the record. (Released in 3.41a)
- If you save report criteria, and then without closing the criteria window, save again under a new name, a database error occurs. (Released in 3.41b)
- If you click "Load Criteria" on the Report Settings window and then cancel, the report is automatically run for the topmost criteria that was in the list. (Released in 3.41c)
- The system allows criteria to be saved under a name that has already been used. (Released in 3.41c)
- An intermediate "Specify Arguments" dialog box appears when opening Views or User Reports. (Released in 3.41c)
- The Tip of the Day file does not appear even though the preference is turned on to display it. (Released in 3.41d)
- Creating a new related member from within a current member, and copying the existing member data to the new record, causes the ZIP value to show as both ZIP and Home Phone. (Released in 3.41d)
- Opening a Group record at 800 x 600 resolution causes an application crash. (Released in 3.41e)
- If a new end date is provided on a dues entry, and the Print on Save receipt option is selected, the new end date does not appear on the receipt.(Released in 3.41e)
- The "Freeform Text" option is missing from the Extra Label Info report preference. In addition, the End Date will now display when requested regardless of whether the status of the record is one that can expire. (Released in 3.41e) (You will need to run Tools > Database Admin Tools > Reload System Tables to install this option from a patch)
- When an import file is selected on the Preloaded Member IDs window, nothing happens. (Released in 3.41f)
- The General and Status tabpages of the main member and group detail windows are combined into a single General page if the screen resolution is at least 1024 x 768. Lower resolutions will cause the separate tapages to continue to display.
- All list windows, and the main member, group, and activity windows, are now resizable. The system will remember the size that was last set, and will restore that size the next time the window is opened.
- A new Activity Receipt report has been created. An activity posting can be marked for a receipt similarly to a dues or donations posting.
- Activities now use Posting Types just like Dues and Donations. New postings types can be identified as either for Dues, Donations or Activities. By default, two Activity postings types exist (Activity Income and Activity Expense) to facilitate the conversion of existing activity income and expense data.
- Activity reports that include the total hours attended now sum the hours for the activity as a whole as well.
- New choices, including Tomorrow, Yesterday, Next Month, Next Quarter, and Next Year have been added for date criteria.
- The "Package Database" process timeout period has been increased from 5 seconds to 120, to better support larger databases.
- A new Activity Front Desk preference has been added to control whether you can enter a password when using Unattended Mode. If this preference is turned off, no prompt will appear when starting Unattended Mode, and the system will assume no password was needed.
- All posting data has been combined into one table to simplify reporting and processing. This is primarily a database structure change that will not really be visible to the end-user, though it should provide various performance improvements for things like automatic dues posting and reporting.
- The "Stored Comments" button is now available on the Statement Text and Waiver Text tabs that are available for the Dues Account Statement and Liability Waiver reports, respectively. Note that the text is not stored "with" the report definition, so you will need to select the text you want to use if it changes each time the report is run.
- The name (member, activity, attendee) associated with the posting is now displayed on the Deposit Detail window. (This was already shown on the Deposit Detail report.)
- Selecting rows via SHIFT+PageUp/PageDown is now supported. In addition, when moving the row focus with the control key down (i.e., CTRL + DownArrow), a dotted indicator shows what row is current.
- The Deposit Detail report now displays the Activity Name where appropriate.
- The associated member or activity name is now displayed on the Deposit Detail window for easy reference.
- A new security rule has been added called, "Use File/Save As to save reports and lists". This option is under the Report security, and controls whether a user is allowed to choose File > Save As to save the contents of a report or list to a file.
- A new option labeled, "Required" has been added to the Preloaded Member ID window. If this option is set, the system will not allow a new member record to be created if no preloaded IDs are available. If this setting is turned off, the system will automatically revert to its internal IDs when the no preloaded IDs are available.
- A new Actions menu option called "Choose Random Member" has been added to the Membership List main menu. This option enables you to request 1-100 randomly selected members from the current list (i.e., for a monthly prize drawing or something similar). The resulting list can be printed as a simple list.
- When adding items to a new deposit, the Start Date for the search now defaults to the date of the most recent deposit on file.
- A new security rule has been added called "Restore Database". This option is under the Database security rules, and controls whether a user is allowed to choose Tools > Database Tools > Restore Backup. This option used to be automatically hidden for all but the mtadmin user, but it often went unnoticed by people who never use the mtadmin account. This way it is visible but can easily be blocked from unauthorized users.
- The ability to save reports as .psr "report format" files has been added for mailing label and card reports. This format is not available for standard reports at this time. Note: The old version of the Report Viewer utility will not work with reports created with newer releases of MemberTies. Please download Report Viewer v3.0 from our website. http://www.myrro.com/viewer/
- When a dues amount posted value is added to a user-defined report, and the column is set to provide a Total, the amount isn't taking the Debit/Credit setting of the posting into account. i.e., $10 credit + $10 debit totals to $20 instead of $0.
- When resaving a loaded criteria on a report or list, the system doesn't always default to the current name. i.e., if you load "MyCriteria", the system should offer to resave it as "MyCriteria" rather than forcing you to type it in again.
- The Time on the sent mail log was not displayed. The date/time was saved correctly, but not displayed. This was a problem with the 3.51.10 ODBC driver. The 3.51.23 driver is installed with this release, which corrects the problem.
- Using the Updated Date as membership search criteria doesn't work if the operator is "=". It only works if the operator is ">", i.e., "Update Date > Today".
- The F7 shortcut key opened the Views window on the Activity List, even though views are not supported for activities and the menu option is not available.
- The system shows a "Mail Sent!" message even after canceling the send email process on the first message.
- When choosing the Dues Status criteria, the value must be entered as text. The system should display the checkbox list of statuses the way it does when the Status Name criteria is chosen.
- When adding multiple dues entries using the Add Another option, the new Start and/or End Date setting isn't maintained to the next record. That means it must be selected again or the previous change could be overwritten. The dates should stay on to the next record.
- The conversion logic for v2.x to v3.x writes ODBC registry entries to HKLM. This isn't allowed on Vista and should be HKCU instead.
- The menu option to clear the Print Receipts flag is not clearing all flags consistently. (Released in 3.40a)
- When printing an activity receipt via the Reports window, the address is not displayed, and the return address says, "Set in preferences" even though the preference is set. (Released in 3.40a)
- Views that include dues/donations fields are not displayed on the list of available Views. Works fine with user-defined reports. (Released in 3.40b)
- The "Send Email" icon next to the email field on the Member Details window doesn't work. (Released in 3.40b)
- An error occurs when clicking the Dial Modem (phone) icon for the Home Phone number on a member or group record. Additionally, the email icons are visible on standard version group records. (Released in 3.40b)
- When a Membership List view includes one or more Dues (or Donation) fields, and the view is retrieved using search criteria that includes a Dues field (i.e., date posted = today), the correct members are returned, but all postings are displayed regardless of whether they match the criteria. (Released in 3.40c)
- Additional logic has been added to try to ensure that a connection ID is cleared when a connection is terminated by the server due to a timeout. In addition, a new security rule, "Disconnect another user at Login" has been added to control whether a user has access to the Disconnect button on the "Too Many Connections" window. This enables a user to disconnect a session that they know is no longer valid if their security group does not forbid it. (Released in 3.40c)
- An error occurs when trying to create a new user-defined roster/directory report. (Released in 3.40c)
- The system warns you that it is replacing the receipt number even though you manually clicked Assign Now on the Dues or Donation entry window. (Released in 3.40d)
- The Financial preference "Debit/Credit Action" does not convert the +/- sign of existing postings correctly. (Released in 3.40d)
- The upgrade of some databases caused the +/- sign of posted amounts to be reversed (i.e., 100.00 became -100.00). Note: The quick workaround fix for this was to change the "Debit/Credit Action" Financial preference to the opposite setting, save, and then change it back. (Released in 3.40d)
- Using the Activity Name as criteria for a receipt instead of the Print Receipt setting causes an error. (Pending release in 3.40e)
- When upgrading an older 2.x database, an error occurs that the maximum number of supported decimal digits is 18. (Released in 3.40e)
- Using the "comments" field as advanced criteria on the membership list generates a database error. (Released in 3.40e)
- After a mass dues posting, the "dues balance" field isn't always updated correctly. The balance shows correctly on the member record when opened, but incorrectly if displayed on the membership list. (Released in 3.40f)
- If a very old database is upgraded (more than 20 releases past) an error occurs converting donation postings. (Released in 3.40g)
- The "Related Members Report" sometimes shows a name in two different sections when it should only be listed once. (This was a grouping error in the report.) (Released in 3.40h)
- The system allows you to save more than one search criteria as the "Auto" criteria. When more than one Auto exists, a database error occurs upon opening the Membership List. (Released in 3.40h)
- A search error occurs when using the Activity Type as criteria on a Membership List search. (Released in 3.40h)
- When posting from the mass-dues posting window, the correct sign isn't being set based on the posting type selected. (Released in 3.40h)
- When importing dues, if BOTH date posted and date recognized are imported, the dates revert to the current date. If one or the other is imported, the dates are correct. (Released in 3.40i)
- The password entered for a new user is not always accepted when used for a login. This was determined to be a problem with the way the encrypted password was stored, and a database change was made to address the issue.
Please Note! As of this release, MemberTies will only run on Windows 2000 SP4, XP, and Vista. In order to support Vista fully,
we had to upgrade our development software, and that meant we could no longer support the really old versions of Windows.
- Many changes to support Microsoft Vista (and XP when running as a non-adminstrative user). This included changing the installation location of the database (now stored under Application Data\MemberTies), and the default storage location for user-saved files (now My Documents\Memberties). Existing installations will not be affected, other than that configuration files (ini files and such) will be moved to Application Data\MemberTies. MemberTies can be successfully installed and run by a non-admin user on Vista.
- A database hosting service is now available from Myrro International. This enables you to have your database located on a high-speed server, which you can then access remotely from any installation of MemberTies. A secure userID and password must be defined in the database profile to enable you to connect to the server and access your database. Once connected, additional users can be created and used normally. Contact support for more information and pricing.
- The default logo, specified in a new Report preference, will now automatically appear on all system reports, and will also appear on user-defined standard, directory, and roster reports.
- A new "Private Comments" field has been added to the dues and donation entry windows. This field is designed for comments that are not intended for public viewing. This field is not displayed on any system report.
- A new database preference has been added to control whether related files (member and activity) and member photos are stored in the database. If these files are stored in the database, additional settings control how large a file can be saved. This is very important, because saving large photos or documents can dramatically increase the database size. The default size limits are set to 50KB each, which is more than enough for an ID card photo, or a small document. Storing these files in the database will simplify moving the system, and will give remote users access to the same files.
- When importing data, if the data file contains the value "=CLEAR" for a given field, the import will clear existing data in that field. This enables you to use the import to remove data from membership records when an existing Member ID is provided with the import file (causing the system to update the record instead of creating a new record).
- SSL is now supported when sending email. It is now possible to use send mail via MemberTies through email services such as GMail that require communication to be secured via SSL.
- The Company Name field is now displayed on the Front Desk search results window. This is the "Multiple Records Found" pop-up window appears when more than one member meets the search criteria.
- The Avery name 5383 has been added to the available "business card" formats for creating user-defined cards.
- Saved email message templates will now be stored in the database. Existing saved messages must be opened and saved once in order to load them into the database. Since we do not store any reference to the email file used to create a message, we cannot convert them automatically.
- Two new Assigned Item reports have been added that are essentially the opposite layout of existing Assigned Items reports. The existing Assigned Items (Groups) and Assigned Items (Members) reports group data by assigned item. The new reports (Assigned Items by Member, Assigned Items by Group) group data by member or group name.
- The popup calendar was redesigned to more closely resemble the Windows system calendar, and to support all keyboard shortcuts available to the normal date fields within the system.
- The prompt that the "free update" period of a license is expiring has been modified to provide an easy way to get to the website to order a renewal, or to enter a new license.
- The internal development software was upgraded, resulting in some minor interface enhancements.
- Closing the Activity Details window via the [X] caused a system error. This problem seems to have "fixed itself" with the new release. It could not be duplicated in development.
- Importing data for the Member ID field causes an error. (Released in 6.30a, 3.30a)
- The "Load Message" email window isn't working correctly. If there is only one row, you can't delete it. If you delete all rows, you can't save because the OK button isn't available. (Released in 3.30a)
- On a multi-column, user-defined report, the report Logo displays above each column, instead of only once on the left side. (Released in 3.30a)
- When used on a user-defined View, the Receipt Book Number field (dues or donations) only displays the first 3 characters. (Released in 3.30b)
- When the Require Numeric Member IDs preference is turned on, the Member ID does not display on the Membership Card report. (released in 3.30b, 6.30b)
- Logos are not saving correctly on user-defined cards. (Released in 3.30e)
- The security settings have been completely rewritten to be much more granular and based on Security Groups, which are then assigned to individual users. This rewrite expanded the existing 30-some settings with approximately 160 much more specific settings. As a result, any existing security settings must be re-defined. All users are assigned to the default "All Access" security group. Therefore, ALL USERS HAVE ALL ACCESS TO ALL FEATURES UNTIL THEY ARE ASSIGNED A DIFFERENT SECURITY GROUP.
- Database users are now stored within the MemberTies database instead of in the server's "mysql" database. This means a given user name is unique to each database. You can have a JSmith user with a different password on database A, B, and C. This means that when creating a new database, the mtadmin user will always be given a password of "password", because there is no "master" password to use anymore.
- Additional information can now be stored about individual database users, including real name, address, phone, and email. This is informational data only, and is not used by the system in any way.
- The company name has been added to all system reports as either the second line of an address block, or just below the name on one-line reports.
- The "Club" section of the system has been renamed to "Group" to be more generic and cause less confusion, since most people used clubs to represent various sorts of groups, committees, etc., anyway. In addition, a new Organization preference called "Word for 'Group'" has been added. The word specified here will be used throughout the system instead of the word "Group". In other words, you may now name the "Group" section to be anything you like, i.e., "Committee", "Club", "Team", "Village", etc. Note that existing databases will not be changed and will continue to say "Club" unless you change the preference.
- When a database is extracted using the "Extract Database" option on the Local Database Server window, it will now automatically appear in the Database dropdown on the login window. This occurs because the system now scans for existing database folders at startup. This COULD result in some confusion if you have databases sitting in your server that you created and forgot about. Without a profile, these database would have remained hidden in the past, but now they will be automatically found and displayed. You can use the Local Database Server window to delete any unwanted databases.
- When printing Dues or Donations receipts, a Print Preview window now opens first, followed by the standard Print Settings window. This enables you to change printers for receipts, just like other reports.
- The email address field has been modified to hold up to 250 characters, instead of 50. This isn't the ideal solution for multiple addresses, but it does enable you to enter more than one address, separated by a comma. When using the built-in email window, the system will auto-separate the data into individual addresses.
- Two new setup options are available on the Unattended Mode window of the Activity Front Desk. The new options are "Welcome Text" and "Waiting for Scan Text". These options allow you to customize the text displayed on the window, so it can say something like, "Welcome to our Party!", "Please Scan Your ID Badge Now..."
- The sort on the Dues Balance, and the Postings by Type/Date reports was changed to use the name as displayed (name, company, alt name) rather than by last name. This makes the sort order look better when the company name is displayed, for example.
- When saving an email message to a file, the system now defaults the Save dialog to the currently opened file. Previously, if you opened a message file and modified it, you had to select the file again to save to the same name.
- It is now possible to schedule a dues posting (a property of a membership Status Code) for the membership End Date, rather than a specific day/month combination. This enables you to have the system automatically post a charges whenever the membership ends, regardless of the date.
- Backups have been changed to create a single file instead of a folder full of files. The file has a default name of "bkup_[year][month][day]_[database nane].sql" The restore functionality has also been change to restore from a single file.
- A new "Database Users" report has been added. This report can only be run by the mtadmin user, and it lists all users of the database.
- A new membership preference has been added to enable scanning a standard US driver license to load data into the appropriate fields on a member record. Only the standard AAMVA format is supported (some states, like California, don't comply with the standard). The Activity Front Desk window, Unattended Checkin window, and basic Member Search have also been modified so that a license can be scanned into the Member ID field, and the ID will be pulled out of the license and used for the search. We recommend MagTek scanners, which are available at MagTek.com for $85.
- The database server has been upgraded from version 4.1.8 to to version 4.1.22. This doesn't affect you, but we wanted to document it.
- A new field called "Member Count" is available on user-defined reports for Groups. This field will display the current count of members assigned to the group. (Released in v3.24a)
- Guest information was missing from the Activity Attendance, Attendance by Activity, Activity Summary, and Activity Detail reports.
- When using the "Actions > Change Data (Bulk)" option to append additional comments to membership records, no comments are added if the record did not have existing comments.
- A new field called "Member Count" is available on user-defined reports for Groups. This field will display the current count of members assigned to the group. (Released in v3.24a)
- When saving a user-defined standard report to a tab or comma delimited text file, pretext on fields did not get exported correctly, though it did export correctly on mailing labels. (Released in 3.24a)
- An error occurs when trying to create a new user-defined mailing label report. (Released in 3.24a)
- The Hide Country preference is not being applied to user-reports. (Released in 3.24a)
- A null object reference error occurs when trying to delete a database using the server utility. (Released in 3.24a)
- The postings listed on the Dues Account Statement reports are no longer sorted in date order. (Released in 3.24b)
- Using the "Member Of" criteria, either for members who are related to a particular group, or who are not related, is not working and sometimes causes duplicate results to appear. (Fixed in 3.24c)
- The Compact Membership List report is showing truncated data in some fields. (Released in 3.24c)
- When a user-defined report field contains no data, the field should be hidden and if it is the only thing on a line (for a roster or label) the line(s) below should slide up to take its place. (Released in 3.24d)
- The return address on user-defined post card reports is printing as a solid black bar. (Released in 3.24d)
- A database error occurred in certain situations when attempting to import data including values for one or more custom fields. (Released in 3.24f)
- Database backup files no longer include a reference to the original database, so a backup can be restored into any database. That means database ABC can be backed up, and then restored into database XYZ to create a copy. (Released in 3.24f)
- Exiting MemberTies by clicking the [X] in the uppper right corner was not clearing the connection ID, so the user was still considered Logged In. (Released in 3.24f)
- The software is no longer available for download as an "update only" version. This is designed to prevent the numerous support calls received because someone installed only an update, without ever having installed the full version. Since there was never a problem installing the full version over an existing installation, the update install has been removed.
- An error message has been added to the login window and will display when MemberTies cannot connect to the server because the IP address of the server machine has changed. This may help point out the problem for people who have dynamically changing IP addresses.
- The ability to merge values has been added to many of the lists available under Tools - Dropdown Lists. This enables you to combine multiple spellings of the same City into one, for example. See help for details.
- MemberTies now ships with a 3rd party PDF print driver called "PDF995". This will appear as a new "printer" on your system, and can be selected when printing from any program. When you select "PDF995" from within MemberTies, you will be prompted to choose a PDF file name, and then the pdf file will be created and displayed. When you select PDF995 from another application (say Microsoft Word), it will display a sponsored advertisement, since only MemberTies is licensed to use it ad-free. If you want to register the software personally so that you can use it and never see any sponsor advertisements, they charge $9.95. See the readme.html file in the ..MemberTies/PDF995/ folder for details.
- Dues and Donation fields are now available for selection on user-defined reports. In addition, any numeric field included on a user-defined report can also have a Sum or Average displayed at the bottom of the column. Note that when including Dues/Donation fields on a report, you must be careful. A member can have many dues entries, so displaying the "Dues Amount Paid" without using any criteria to limit the date you're interested in could result in a large number of records, as you would get the member data repeated for each amount paid that was found. (i.e., "John Smith, $10.00; John Smith, $12.00; John Smith, $9.00" etc.) Also, you cannot combine both dues and donation information on the same report. This will be possible in a future release.
- The "New" option in the City and County dropdown lists is too time-consuming for organizations that constantly add new records from different cities. To solve this issue, the "Add New" window will now open automatically when you enter a non-existent value, and the window will default to the value you entered. To save the value to the list, all you have to do is click OK or press Enter.
- A warning message is displayed when the Password field is accessed with the Caps Lock key turned on. This is intended to prevent invalid passwords due to typing in all uppercase.
- The "Open" right-click menu option is now available in the Selected Fields area of a user-report definition window. Selecting this option is the same as selecting a field and then clicking the Open button at the bottom of the list.
- The 3rd party email system .dll file (mailbee.dll) has been upgraded to their latest version (5.4). This doesn't affect you as a user, but we wanted to document it with the release.
- When importing Cities and Counties, the import logic converted them to uppercase to import them, but searched in "normal case" to see if they already existed. That caused each city to be created as a "new" city value, even though it was already there. This has been corrected. In addition, issue #116 has added a way to merge multiple cities into one value. So if you have a situation where "MyTown" is listed in your city dropdown multiple times, you can use this feature to merge them all into a single entry.
- In the preview tab for a user-report, if you double-click exactly on the horizontal line displayed on the report the application will crash. The system was trying to respond to the click as if you were on a normal list that could be sorted.
- In some cases, a new member record could be automatically assigned a Member ID that already exists, and the system would allow it to save.
- When adding a field to a user-defined report or view, the background color defaults to Gray. It should default to Gray for Views, but White for Reports and Labels.
- A database error occurred when trying to maintain the Occupation list via the Tools menu. (Available in v3.22d)
- Dues and Donation receipts are displaying the Member ID instead of the Member Name in some cases.
- A database error occurred when using the Attendance Start or End Date on the Activity Summary report. (Released in 3.23f, 6.23f)
- The IP address in a remote database profile will now accept a domain name up to 100 characters. (Note that due to the size of the field, it will be easier to just paste a long name into the field, though it will scroll to the right if you want to type it in.) A domain name should NOT include the "http:" prefix. (Released in 3.23f, 6.23f)
- When importing member updates, the results list showed a value in the Start Date, even if no start date value was imported. The date wasn't actually imported if it wasn't part of the data file (which is correct) but the display was confusing. The date has been removed. (Released 3.23f, 6.23f)
- If a member name had quotation marks in it, such as John "JJ" Smith, an error occurred if that member was used in a relationship with another member, and the relationship details were edited. (Released in 3.23f, 6.23f)
- If identical donations (same donation amount, date, posting type) existed, the donation summary report would only count the identical donations once, resulting in an incorrect total. (Released in 3.23f)
- An error occurred when deleting a relationship type from the Tools menu. (Released in 3.23e/6/23e)
- If you open a member record "John" and create a new related record from within it (via the Related tab) for "Mary", you can create a database error if you try to create additional relationships while you have Mary's record open. The option to create relationships has been disabled on the "nested" record, since the system is already planning to create that relationship for you. (Released in 3.23e/6/23e)
- Added support for Avery 5159 (4"x1.5" 2 across, 7 down) address labels. (Released in 3.23d, 6.23d)
- The address block on receipt reports is not formatting the name correctly, nor is it hiding the country based on the Hide Country preference setting. (Released in 3.23d)
- If two or more absolutely identical dues entries are posted (i.e., same day, same amount, same status and posting type, etc.) only one entry appeared on the dues account statement report. (Released in 3.23d)
- When importing records, the Default Status was not automatically populated on the Verify Defaults window. That meant if no status was on the import map, the status was left blank and the records would not appear correctly after importing. The default status is now set correctly. (Released in 3.23d, 6.23d)
- When creating a deposit, if you add a posting to the deposit, and then select and add the same posting again without saving the deposit first, a database error occurs when you save all changes. (Released in 3.23d)
- Extremely long printer names are not accepted when printing. Example printer was named: "Auto HP LaserJet 4050 Series PCL6 on usernamexp winspool Ne05:". (Workaround was to shorten the name.) (Released in v3.23d, 6.23d)
- Attempting to add an address name via Tools - Dropdown Lists - Address - Address Names generates an error when saving.(Released in v3.23d)
- When using transmission control to send emails (say 30 every minute) the system pops up a message between batches. The next batch wouldn't begin until OK is clicked on the message, which holds up the batch. (Released with 3.23d)
- An error occurs when opening the Change Data (Bulk) window from the membership list. (Released with 3.23d/6.23d)
- Adding a Dues value (such as Amount Paid) to a membership list View resulted in an error when the list was displayed. This has been corrected, but we do not recommend adding these fields to a View, because you will see the same member once for every dues entry retrieved by the View. (Released with 3.23c)
- The "Hours" calculation on the Activity Hours by Member report is not always correct. This calculation has been corrected.
- The PDF995 pdf printer feature is now an optional part of the install wizard, so it can be deselected by those who may already have a PDF printer available. (Released in 3.23a, 6.23a)
- The Restore Database feature expected the database being restored to have been backed-up from the same version it is being restored to. This caused problems when restoring a database that was from a version old enough to have different tables than the current release. (Released in 3.23b/6.23b)
- The Activity Name field on the Activity window refused to accept a new name. Recompiled the window and the problem went away. (Released in 3.23a/6/23a)
- Performance enhancements for large databases. Several database changes were made to eliminate a performance problem that was reported when 40,000 people were assigned to a single activity. The average response time to open a member record was reduced from approximately 14 seconds to 1.5 seconds. All users will benefit from this change due to reduced database traffic in general.
This change should also improve general performance when accessing the system over an internet connection.
Database changes required a change to Cities and Counties to make them work like States and Countries. In other words, they are pre-defined (via Tools>Dropdown Lists>Address), or can be added to by choosing <New> from the dropdown. The old method of populating the dropdown with values that had already been used caused a performance problem due to the repeated scans of the address table to build the list of available values. (Due to this change, a default city and county can now be set if desired.)
- An additional command line argument, -A has been added to indicate "auto login". If used in conjunction with the user, password, and database, a shortcut can be created to automatically login to a specific database. For example: "u myuser -p mypass -d mydb -a" will automatically log myuser into mydb using the password "mypass".
- When creating a new related record from within a Member record (i.e., a new record that is automatically related to the open record), it is now possible to use the current member as a basis for the new one. If you answer yes to the prompt to do this, the new record is created using the current record's Address, Name, Status, and Dates, and then related to the current record automatically. This is designed to simplify some of the data entry when creating related family member records.
- The Alt Mail Name value is now used consistently on user-defined mailing label reports. To use the Alt Mail Name, use any of the smart "Name" fields on a mailing label or postcard report. If a member record includes an Alt Mail Name, it will take priority over the normal value produced by the selected Name field.
- An HTML toolbar has been added to the Email window to simplify adding basic HTML markup to a message. Note that a new checkbox is also on the message tab called "Send as HTML". This replaces the old reqirement of adding <html> to the message to signify HTML formatting. Selecting this checkbox is what identifies the email format now.
- The Help topic for importing data has been updated with step by step instructions for saving an Excel file as a tab-delimited text file.
- It is now possible to force a field in a user-defined report or view to display its value in all uppercase or lowercase text.
- It is now possible to set the font color, and field background color on user-defined reports, and the font color on user-defined views.
- When creating a new database, the offer to create a new user for yourself is now a separate prompt, to try to make it more obvious. In addition, the offer to print database information is no longer a prompt... a window now opens and displays the database information report. A print button is provided on the window to print the information.
- Fixed an error that occurred if an existing address date range was modified to a new range that had the same start date (i.e., 1/1 - 12/31 was changed to 1/1 - 4/30).
- User report "smart fields" that included the State/Province, didn't allow for a blank state/province value. When there was no state/province value, the entire field displayed blank. These fields included the "City/State/Prov" and "City/State/Prov/Post Code" fields.
- If a new relationship type is saved via the Tools menu, and no Default relationship type has been set, a database error occurs and MemberTies shuts down. A default relationship type is no longer required or expected. (Available in 3.22c)
- An error occurred if the database upgrade passed through database version 6.06 from an old database. (Available in 3.22c)
- In some situations, city/state/county/country values that were saved as report criteria did not convert to the correct values. i.e., a criteria that had been saved with "City = Dallas" might suddenly show
"City = Houston", or "City = Please Choose" The logic to convert this data has been corrected for anyone newly upgrading to this or future releases. (Available in 3.22c)
- An error occurs when a Status Code is modified (for example, by changing the Yearly Dues amount) and saved, when no other status exists as a default. In other words, if a default status has been set, no error occurs. If no default has been set, an error occurs when saving changes to any status. (Available in 3.22c)
- The Save button is the default on the Report Settings window. The default should be the OK button instead. That way when the report settings window opens, you can just press the Enter key to run the report. (Available in 3.22b)
- The "Age" user-report field (as well as the "Age" report criteria field) was being treated as text, not a number. This caused it to sort alphabetically (1, 20, 3, 4) instead of numerically (1,3,4,20). (Available in v3.22b)
- Member records that were created without touching either the company name or alt mailing name fields could store a "blank" for those names, causing mailing labels to omit the name (thinking it was supposed to use the "missing" alt or company name instead of the actual first/last name). (Available in 3.22b)
- The return address is not printed when a receipt is generated from the Dues or Donations List on the member record. It prints correctly when printed from the Reports window, or from the Dues/Donations entry window. (Available in v3.22b)
- An error occurred running the "Individual Summary (Members)" report, and the "Dues Account Statement 2" report due to a syntax problem caused by changes in the previous release. (Available in v3.22a.)
- While running in shareware mode (i.e., with no valid license installed), and you had already reached the 20 membership record limit, an attempt to add a new related record to an existing member could trigger a database error. (Available in v3.22a.)
- Added the ability to copy a membership or club record to a record with the same name. Previously, the system would not allow an identical name when copying, but would allow it when creating a new record. This inconsistency has been corrected.
- Receipts can now be printed directly from the Dues/Donation entry windows, rather than only from the Dues/Donation tab lists. A new "Printed Receipt" field on the window can be set to: No Receipt, Print on Save, or Mark for Printing. Marking a receipt to be printed lets you remember to print a receipt in the future, or in batch from the Reports window. Setting a receipt to be printed on save means the receipt will print as soon as the OK button is clicked to save the entry.
- When checking a person in to an activity, the system checks to see if the person is about to exceed the attendance limit as defined for their status. If so, the system will now display a warning with Ok/Cancel options, instead of just an "OK" prompt. This will enable you to allow the check-in to proceed if you wish, or cancel. Currently, there is no way to override the system, and the check-in is always prevented.
- The member's Status has been added to the information provided on the "Multiple Records Found" Front Desk search results window. This window appears when more than one match is found for a search on the Activity Front Desk window.
- When sending email using Transmission Control settings (i.e., sending in batches by time or quantity), the system will now only prompt once to begin sending. Each successive batch will begin automatically.
- A new report, "Related Members (Contact)" has been added. This is essentially a copy of the existing Related Members report, but including address information for the member and related members.
- A new business card format, Avery 5361 (2 x 3.25 1-Across 3-Dwn) has been added for use with user-defined reports. This is a 1-across, 3-down format that leaves a lot of space free for lamination.
- A new A4 address label format has been added for J8161 (6.35 x 4.66 3-Across 6-Dwn) labels.
- When using the "Change Data (Bulk)" window to update multiple records at once, it is now possible to clear a field. To clear a field, enter "=CLEAR" as the new value. The system will see this entry and interpret it as a "blank" entry.
- The Deposit Detail report now displays the associated member/attendee name with each entry.
- The Tools - Database Tools - Restore Database menu option is now only displayed for the mtadmin user. No other user could perform this operation without receiving a database error anyway, so it should not have been visible.
- Activity Types could not be deleted. The delete now works normally. Note that since activity type is not a required field on the activity, an activity type can be deleted even if it is in use -- the field is simply nulled on affected activity records.
- When a saved set of search criteria was loaded into the Criteria tab of the Report Settings window, any changes made to the criteria would overwrite the saved version. The correct behavior is that the saved version should never be overwritten unless criteria is saved again under the same name. A report should always open and display the last used criteria, regardless of whether it was loaded or entered manually. This enables you to save criteria "A", load it, change it, and run it, all without affecting the stored version of "A". The report, will open the next time showing the criteria as it was last used, but loading "A" again will remove the changes and show "A" as it was stored originally.
- The snapshots toolbar button was visible in Unattended Mode on the Activity Front Desk window. Clicking this button allowed access back into the system. This button is no longer displayed.
- The [DEL] delete key now works correctly when deleting data from a field on the basic search tabpage.
- A new major area of the system has been created, called "Snapshots". Snapshots enable you to have, on a single window, one or more small views of data for reference. For example, one snapshot may show anyone with a negative dues amount, and another may show everyone currently checked-in to an activity, anyone with a birthday in the next 30 days, etc. The idea is to have a "quick reference" page showing compact views of certain types of data to help keep you informed. Since this is a new area, we had to guess at what some useful snapshots might be. We're open to additional suggestions.
- When using the Copy options on the Contact Information window, the message displayed now offers to close the window immediately. Previously, you had to click OK to the results message, and then click Close to close the window. This is intended simply to save a little time.
- An "Activity Type" field has been added to Activity records. This value can be used to further identify or categorize the activity with values such as "fundraiser", "party", "meeting", etc. Values are user-definable and can be maintained via Tools - Dropdown Lists - Activity - Activity Types.
- The title of the Server utility window has been changed to: "MemberTies - Local Database Server Utility" instead of just "Database Server" to help prevent the impression that this is an Internet based utility.
- A new Settings tab page option on the Email window has been added called "Control Address". This address will be automatically included when emails are sent, as a means of verifying that all messages were processed (the Control Address is sent last).
- Two new fields have been added to Activity records to limit capacity. A "Capacity" field can be used to set the maximum number of attendee and guest records that can be created for the activity. A capacity setting of zero (0) indicates unlimited capacity. An "Overbook" checkbox can be selected to indicate that even though there is a set capacity, the amount can be exceeded. This can be used when the target attendance is 50, but any amount over that is acceptable as well.
- Guests can now be added for activity attendees. A guest record can optionally include name and address information, and can either be added manually (to fill out this information), or quickly via a "Quick Guest" button that automatically creates a blank guest record. Guest counts are included when determining activity capacity.
- If you attempt to login with a user name that already has a connection to the database, the server will automatically kill the existing session. This should allow you to login again when a dropped network connection has left your old session open on the database server, even though MemberTies was forced to close.
- The database location in a remote database profile is now editable. This enables easier correction of the IP address in situations where the server IP address changes frequently. (Existing database profiles are found under Preferences - Database - Profiles.)
- Added a new "Activity Hours by Member" report. This is essentially a copy of the Activity by Member report, with an additional column to display the total hours:minutes attended. This report is in landscape format due to the additional width required.
- The MemberTies website URL is now displayed with the license renewal message.
- The Activity List report has been modified to be a one-line report so that you now have the choice of columns to sort by.
- The Dues and Donations receipt reports now include the member address block similar to the dues account statement report to make it easier to use the report in a window envelope.
- Dues and Donations entries now include a "Print Receipt" checkbox. This corresponds to new "Dues Print Receipt" and "Donations Print Receipt" report criteria options. Using this feature, you can easily "batch" all receipts by marking them to be printed and then running the receipt report via the Reports window to print them all at once (i.e., criteria for the report would be ("Dues Print Receipt = Selected"). You can still print a receipt from the Dues or Donations list tab on the member record, but not from the dues entry window itself.
- The internal margins of mailing labels have been increased slightly to move the text to the right approximately 1/8" and create a right margin of approximately 1/4". This should help the display of right-aligned label text that is sometimes cut off.
- When a View is saved in CSV format, quotation marks are now used to surround each piece of data.
- The software used to write the Help system was upgraded internally, and the entire help file was evaluated for changes to incorporate the new features. In addition, topics were added to support new features in this release.
- If only one parenthesis was used in a report criteria list (ie, a left without a corresponding right parenthesis), the system didn't always catch the mistake, resulting in a database error.
- When entering a time value, it was possible to enter a space within the numbers. i.e., "9 :00", resulting in an invalid entry. The system now checks for and removes internal spaces from time entries.
- Using a relative date as report criteria didn't always work correctly, depending on the starting day and the amount of adjustment.
- The "Update Record" checkbox described in the Help was missing from the Dues Entry window. This checkbox controls whether the status entered on the dues window is automatically set on the main member record. By default, this checkbox is selected on new dues entries, and not selected when editing existing entries.
- The Assigned Items - Phone List report did not show the work phone number if there was no work phone extension value.
- If a dues entry is created through the Activity Front Desk, and the End Date of the member record is changed via the new Dues entry, the member information displayed on the Front Desk did not refresh to show the new End Date.
- If the application is closed while minimized, and you choose "Yes" when prompted to backup the database, an error occurs when the backup window tries to open.
- An error occurred in certain situations when trying to import Dues Receipt and Dues Receipt Book values.
- If the "Reply To" value was left blank on an email profile, an error occurred when attempting to send email using that profile.
- An error could occur when sending email using the To/CC/BCC options if no address was used in the TO list.
- If more than one membership status history entry is manually added, a duplicate key value error occurs.
- Contact List report sorting options were not all working correctly.
- Birthdate information did not always convert correctly when upgrading from very old database version to the latest release.
- A custom field defined as "Alpha Only" will not allow a space within the text.
- An error occurs if a Dues field is used as criteria on some Donation reports.
- The additional sort options added with the previous update caused the Dues Account Statement report to display incorrectly when there were multiple entries on the same date.
- An error occurs in certain situations when opening a member (attendee) from within an activity.
- Added new A4 label formats: L7163 and L7164
- Updated the list of Country Codes based on current ISO Standards list.
- When a member with a last name containing an apostrophe (i.e., "o'brien") is opened, and the Search button on the Related tab is clicked, an error occurs when the system tries to search for other records with that last name.
- A Date field combined with Pre or PostText does not display correctly on user-defined reports. The field shows a value of "y" instead of the text and date.
- If another MySQL database server is installed on the computer in addition to MemberTies, and a my.ini file exists in the c:\windows or c:\ directory, it is not possible to create a new MemberTies database. In addition, a timeout error occurs trying to shutdown the MemberTies server. This was caused by the mysqladmin server program trying to read the wrong configuration file.
- When sending email, a new server connection attempt is made for each new message. This doesn't prevent the mail from being sent, but the system shouldn't issue a connect command when already connected from the previous message.
- Keyboard shortcuts for File/Add, Copy, Open, Delete are not working on all windows.
- The Dues Account Statement reports now include two sort options: by Name (the current method) or by Company Name.
- A new membership preference, "Reset End Date on Expire" now controls what happens when the expiration behavior of a Status Code causes the system to change the status of a membership record. The default behavior has always been to reset the End Date to the date of the status change so that a grace period for the new status calculates from the date of the change. This preference enables you to tell the system to leave the End Date unchanged, causing the grace period to continue to be calculated from the original End Date.
- A new email setting, "Validate Address Lists before Sending" has been added. Selecting this option causes the system to check each address for format and syntax correctness. Any invalid addresses are marked in red, bold text for easy identification. Any invalid addresses that are not corrected will be skipped automatically.
- The "Dues Totals by Month/Year" report now includes an additional criteria option to control whether the report includes Debits/Expenses, Credits/Income, or Both.
- A warning message is now displayed the first time the program is run, warning the user that the connection to the server may trigger a message from any installed firewall or antivirus software. The notice indicates that you must not block the indicated program, or MemberTies will not be able to run.
- Various help updates.
- The backup window would not allow the root directory of a drive to be selected as a backup target.
- An error occurred after adjusting the margins of a Photo ID Card report two or more times.
- When the Member ID was used as report criteria it was treated as alphanumeric for comparison purposes, regardless of the Require Numeric ID membership preference setting.
- An error occurred if the club name included an apostrophe (') or quotation marks (") and the receipt report, or a report that returned no data, was run.
- An error sometimes occurred when more than a thousand email messages were sent in one batch.
- The Updated Date displayed as a date, instead of a date/time value when used on user-defined reports and views.
- When running a database backup, an information file called, "info.txt" file is now created and stored in the backup directory. This file contains information such as the user who created the backup, the backup date and time, and application and database version. This information can be viewed by opening the file in any text editor or word processing program.
- The "Member ID Prefix" is now a User Preference instead of a System preference. Note that each existing user will have to go in and assign their own prefix after they install this update, but then it will be tied to their user ID.
- The color chooser for the Miscellaneous Preference, "List Color" now uses the system color options dialog and enables you to define and save custom colors.
- When connected to a remote database, the backup and restore options should not be available. Allowing this presents a security risk because a remote user could either steal the database by backing it up to their machine, or could wipe it out by restoring another copy over it. Thus, when connected remotely, the backup and restore options are disabled, and the backup prompt preference is hidden.
- The Birthdate fields on the membership record have been merged to a single Birthday field that is a true date, at long last. Maintaining dates as separate values created lots compatibility problems when users with one date format shared a database with users who needed a different date format. It also prevented us from making the Age available for criteria, and caused lots of other problems. The following points apply to this change:
- The new Birthday field is now a standard date field, with a little special logic built in: if a date is entered with "9999" as the year, the system will hide the year when the field appears on a system defined report. i.e., 01/10/9999 will display as "01/10" because it assumes the year is just a placeholder.
- The old birthday fields have been deleted from the system. Thus, any criteria or user defined report that used one of those fields will need to be changed to use one of the new fields.
- The new criteria fields related to the birthdate include: Birthdate, Birth Day, Birth Month, Birth Year, and Age.
- The new display fields for user defined reports and views include: Birthdate, Birth Day, Birth Month, Birth Year (displays a blank of the year is 9999), Birth Month/Day, Birth Day/Month, and Age. This should enable the creation of any required combination of birthday data, even though only one field is used. See help for more details.
- The Activity Attendance, and the Activity by Member reports have been modified to include subtotals by activity and/or member as appropriate.
- New metric paper sizes (A3, A5, B3 and B4) are now available for use on user-defined reports.
- The server can now be started from the command line (or via a shortcut) by using the /s switch. i.e., a shortcut pointing to "c:\program files\memberties\mtsrv.exe /s" will start the server silently without opening the server window.
- A new "Membership by Country" report provides a count of members for all countries for which at least one membership record has been created.
- A new, "Include Timestamp in Log File Name" email setting is now available. This can be used to insure that each email session is saved in a unique log, rather than overwriting a log by the same name.
- A new "Check Out" right-click option is available on the Current Attendance list. This enables you to quickly check out all outstanding attendees at once without opening the Activity. (The Current Attendance list is accessible from the Activity List, and from the Front Desk window.)
- The Canadian province, Nunavut (NU) has been added to the state/province list.
- The Print window now displays a dropdown list of printers known to your computer, and enables you to choose a printer directly from the list without having to go to a Print Setup window. The selected printer can also be saved with the rest of the settings as a default.
- A new "Dues Postings by Month" report has been added. This is essentially the Postings Report, with an additional grouping subtotal by month.
- A new "Dues Totals by Year/Month" report has been added. This is an all-inclusive report that pulls all dues, donations, and activity data together in one report. Because it retrieves data from so many areas of the system, the only available criteria is the date range to use. The report lists total amounts for each posting type/activity, per month, per year. The report includes "Dues" in the name only so that it groups with the rest of the dues reports.
- Information about available updates is now available whenever you are connected to the Internet, by choosing "Check for Program Updates" from the Tools menu.
- Various help updates.
- Using the Front Desk, if you check someone into an activity, and select Income or Expense, but never touch the amount field (leaving it displaying ".00"), a database error occurs because the system tries to save the amount as "null" rather than 0.00.
- In certain situations, if you logged out after browsing for a file within the program, the system would lose the "current" directory and would display the Welcome window instead of the Login window after choosing File - Log Out.
- An error occurred when printing a receipt if the Club Name contained an apostrophe.
- When processing a mass dues posting, the Updated By value on the member record isn't getting set to the user doing the posting. The Update Date changes, but the name remains that of the last person who changed the record.
- Trailing spaces added to PreText or PostText values on user-defined reports are not being saved (the database engine was stripping out the values behind the scenes).
- An error occurred if you tried to open a club record from a club data test result on the Data Test window.
- If a new club record was started, and then cancelled prior to the first save, the system counted the created record as part of the 2 maximum clubs available to the unregistered version of the software.
- If you created a new activity, and added attendees prior to saving the activity the first time, the attendee records weren't always saved.
- An error occurred if you tried to create a report or view that sorted based on the "Member ID (Copy)" field.
- The Numeric Member ID preference was not being considered when sorting a report by the Member ID field.
- An error occurred when using the Location Type criteria field with certain activity reports.
- Added a preliminary prompt when clicking the Help toolbar button so you can choose between the full help system, and just the, "About" window of program and version information. This is designed to aid in support calls when directing users to the program information window. Note that the F1 key, and the menu option, still open the help system directly -- this only changes the toolbar button itself.
- The number of characters available for the Message of the Day text has been increased to 1000 to allow for longer messages.
- Unattended Mode on the Front Desk has been enhanced to include a "Mode" setting. There are three modes: Check In, Check Out, and Smart Mode. Check In causes the system to automatically check in scanned members. Check Out mode causes the system to automatically check out scanned members. Smart Mode causes the system to make a decision as to whether the member is already checked-in. If so, the member is checked-out, and if not, the member is checked-in.
- The Front Desk window now remembers the setting of the "Use Current Date/Time" checkbox, and defaults to the previous setting the next time the window is opened.
- Two new fields are available for use on User Reports: "Club Name (Licensee)", which displays the club name stored in preferences (or on your license), and "Member ID (Copy)", which is simply another instance of the Member ID field. The extra Member ID field enables you to use one field with a barcode font, and the other as normal text.
- The fields displayed on the Private tab of the membership record are now available for importing.
- Added a Delete option to the City, County, and Occupation maintenance lists (available under Tools - Dropdown Lists - Address - City/County, or Tools - Dropdown Lists - Occupation. Previously, existing values could only be edited; but now, deleting a value causes the corresponding value to be cleared on all records that were using it.
- Added a new Activity Front Desk preference, "End Date Warning", which will cause a popup warning message to be displayed if the selected membership record has an End Date in the past.
- Internal Report/Search criteria logic has been redesigned to make it generate more logical SQL queries. Please test your existing reports as soon as possible to be sure their criteria works as expected. These changes will result in more accurate results when using complicated queries.
- The always-confusing "Address to Use" criteria field that appeared on many reports and searches is no longer required or displayed by default. Since the setting was almost always left set to, "Current Address", the system will now add this criteria behind the scenes automatically if it isn't added manually. In other words, the only time you would need to use this field is if you want to search address data on a non-current address (i.e., "show me members with a winter address city of 'MyTown'). Otherwise, the system will assume you want to use the current address information when using address fields in your criteria. Any existing criteria entries of "Address to Use = Current" will be removed automatically with this upgrade.
- When adding member photos, the default file type selected will be the type of photo last saved. In addition, if no photo is currently assigned when the Photo window opens, the system will open the "Browse for Photo" dialog.
- Date criteria is now much more powerful. In addition to the existing options to choose a specific or relative (i.e., Today +30) date, you can now choose various predefined ranges such as: Current Month, Current Quarter, Current Year, Last Month, Last Quarter, Last Year, Month to Date, Quarter to Date, and Year to Date. These options enable you to use a date range without having to setup two criteria entries for the starting and ending dates.
- When using pretext and posttext on a user-defined report, the system will no longer automatically add a space after the pretext value or before the posttext value. This enables you to use these fields for start and stop characters with a barcode without having them separate from the rest of the coded value. Note that any existing pre/posttext values will continue to display the leading/trailing space unless you edit the report and remove them.
- Lots of help updates. Rewrote topics covering the use of old or existing databases with a new installation.
- A new Activity Front Desk preference called, "Multi-Checkin Warning" has been added. This preference is enabled by default. If this preference is on when a person is checked-in, the system looks to see if they are already checked-in on the specified date, but not yet checked out. If this is the case, a warning message is displayed. Turning this preference off will hide this message.
- Added a Club List report, displaying club name, contact name, phone, and email address. This sort of report could easily be created as a user-report, so this is primarily designed to help the Standard version which had no basic list report for clubs.
- When restoring a database, certain settings that track the state of the database were being saved after the restore was complete. Since the database has been overwritten, these settings actually needed to be abandoned so the settings from the restored database are maintained.
- With the introduction of user-specific preferences, the system mailing label report started duplicate copies of records, once per stored preference. The report needs to only look at the preference setting for the current user.
- If the Default End Date preference was set to add a specific number of months to the start date, and the Default Start Date preference was set to something other than "Leave Blank", neither date was set on a new record.
- The "All Membership Records" query that runs by default does not appear in the list of available criteria when clicking the Load button on the Membership List search window.
- When deleting an item category, any associated items remained available as report criteria even though they no longer exist. The report criteria data needs to be cleaned up as well.
- Margins set for the receipt reports via the Adjust Margins option on the Reports window are not applied when the receipts are run directly from the Dues or Donations windows.
- When the system automatically changes a status, the Updated By name should change to "Automatic". Instead, it remains the name of the last user to manually changed the record.
- When using a Date as report criteria, the "Adjusted" option is not always working correctly or is being ignored. The Adjusted option should only be available when "Current Date" is selected, and it should adjust the date by the number of days indicated.
- The help topic for Setting Up a Multi User System neglected to tell you to click Save after entering new server IP and Port information.
- An error occurred when importing an "update" to a record that didn't actually include any changes.
- Added two new options, Package Database and Extract Database, to the Server Utility window. The "Package Database" option creates a compressed file containing all files for a selected database, similar to a traditional "zip" file. The "Extract Database" unloads a specified package into the current server. This enhancement is designed to help those who "ship" a database between users. Note that the server must be shutdown before a database can be packaged or extracted.
- The main MemberTies program, as well as the Server Utility now checks to see if another copy is running before starting. If another copy of the Server Utility is running a second copy will not start. If another copy of MemberTies is running, you have the option of starting another copy (to allow an administrator to login on to a workstation that is already in use, for example).
- A button has been added to the Server Utility window to start the main MemberTies program.
- Added an Analyze Table option to the Maintain Tables server tool. See Help for details.
- To prevent confusion, the icon for the Server Utility is no longer added to the desktop during the install process. It is still added to the Start menu.
- The initial "No Database Found" prompt (displayed the first time MemberTies is started after the initial installation) has been redesigned to be more user friendly, with better explanations and a smoother transition to the database profile creation/search process.
- A "New Database Report" can now be printed after creating a new database (you are prompted to print it). This report includes the database name and location, and the user(s)/password(s) valid for that database. This is designed to help prevent the situation where, after creating a new database, the user doesn't remember the user or password they created and are left unable to login. This information can only be printed at this time, because after the database is created and the passwords are encrypted, MemberTies has no way to obtain or print the original unencrypted passwords.
- Multiple updates to the Help file. Be sure to download the updated file if you refer to Help.
- When searching for a related member, the search window automatically retrieves all records and selects the first one with a name matching the current member, but doesn't scroll to it. The scrolling should happen automatically.
- The "Open Member" popup menu option on the Related Members list of a member record opens the Search window instead of the selected member. It should work like the Open Member icon, which is working correctly.
- Changed the default Host access granted to new users from "Anywhere (%)" to "localhost". For most standalone installations, users only need access from the server PC anyway; for other situations, less restricted access can easily be granted.
- Changed the default port used by the server from 3306 to 3310, and changed the default server process from mysqld.exe to mtmysqld.exe. These changes were designed to avoid conflicts with existing MySQL installations, and for added security (by not using the expected 3306 port). Note that the installation automatically removes the old mysqld.exe file and replaces it with mtmysqld.exe, and updates the mt.ini file to use the new name. This may prompt a restart after installation if the server is running during the install. Also, for Windows XP users -- you may receive a prompt from Windows the first time you start MemberTies after the installation, asking to block or unblock mtmysqld.exe. You need to tell Windows to unblock this program. If you don't, the server may not be able to listen for connections to the database.
- Added additional shortcut keys on date fields. Previously, the "T" key set the date to the current date, and the keypad +/- keys would add/subtract days. In addition, the M and Y keys will now advance a month or year at a time.
- Changed the Report Type window (displayed when creating a new user-defined report) to be more understandable.
- Added an Event Log that tracks basic events for membership, club, and activity records (opened, updated, closed, deleted, sent mail, etc.) The log can be enabled via Tools - Database Tools - Event Log. A security setting can be used to control access to the log.
- Added a new Miscellaneous preference called, "Default Item Date". When this preference is enabled, the Date field on new membership or club Items will default to the current date. If this preference is off, the date will be left blank.
- Preferences have been divided into System Preferences and User Preferences. System preferences are indicated by a small computer icon in the preferences window, and User preferences are indicated by a small person icon. This change has been made primarily for multi-user installations. As a part of this change, the existing "Edit Preferences" security setting has been modified to read, "Edit System Preferences". A user always has access to user-preferences, but disallowing this security setting will prevent the display of system preferences.
- Two new Import options have been added: "Member Additional Address Data" and "Member Dues Data". These options essentially serve the same purpose as the "Import Utility" from the 2.x versions. With a properly set up import file, containing a Member ID and other necessary fields, additional address and dues data can be added to existing membership records. Note that no "update" is supported. These types of imports are always assumed to be new data.
- Two new fields, "Receipt Book Number" and "Receipt Number", have been added to Dues and Donation posting windows. The Receipt Book Number is a fixed value set via Dues Preferences. The Receipt Number is a number that increments each time a new receipt number is generated. New dues preferences have been added to manage the current book and receipt number. See Help for details.
To support the new receipt fields, each posting type now includes a "Generate Receipt" checkbox to indicate whether receipt numbers should be generated for entries of that type. When a dues or donation entry is created using a posting type that has this option set, the system will automatically stamp it with the current book number and generate a receipt number for the entry when it is saved. The book/receipt numbers will also appear on receipts when available. See additional information in the current Help file for Dues, Donations, Preferences, and Posting Types.
- A new Tools menu option has been added called, "Deposits." A deposit is a way to group any number of dues, donation, and/or activity income entries into one unit. Each deposit can have a deposit date and a deposit number, and postings can be searched for by date, data type (dues, donations, activities), and action (debit/credit).
- A new Deposit Detail report has been added to print one or more deposits.
- The popup calendar has been modified to include an OK button. This enables you to click a date without having the calendar immediately close (i.e., clicking the wrong date by mistake used to mean you had to open the calendar again and click more carefully). Now, double-clicking a date will automatically select it and close the calendar, but single clicking a date will just select it.
- The system now supports database names beginning with numbers (i.e., 747Club).
- Multiple updates to the Help file. Be sure to download the updated file if you refer to Help.
- Unassigning members from the Members tab on a club record occasionally unassigned members that were not selected.
- If automatic interest posting was turned on, and the interest calculated was 0.00, the entry was still posted. Zero should not be "charged" as interest.
- When copying a membership record that included relationships, only half of the relationship was copied.
- In certain cases, an activity record could not be deleted because the system thought an attendee member record was in use by another user, when the record was not actually in use.
- Entering double-quotation marks (") as part of Dues Account Statement text caused an error. In addition, the Dues Account Statement 2 report was not providing the statement text field at all.
- The check for a duplicate member record when saving new records would report a "duplicate" found if the Company Name matched, even if the first/last name was different. The company name should be checked only if the first and last names are blank.
- The width of the Dues Account Statement prevented it from printing properly on A4 paper.
- The "Verify Defaults" for Import window would not allow the default Phone Type or Reference code to be changed.
- A database would not start if the name began with a number, because the system thought it indicated a remote database (IP Address).
- Clicking the Dues icon on the Front Desk window (available if the appropriate preference is turned on) and then canceling the new dues entry caused the End Date of the main membership record to change to 01/01/1900.
- The BirthYear embedded email field is displayed with a preceding currency symbol.
- Activity Attendance fields should not be available as criteria on the Activity Summary report, because it does not include any attendance data. Choosing them generates an error.
- An error occurred when saving dues amounts when the currency format of the PC was set to use a comma as a decimal separator instead of a period.
- An error occurs when trying to export a report containing lots of computed fields (such as Activity Counts). The error has been eliminated, but these sorts of reports don't export very well anyway.
- Added a "Synchronize" right-click menu option to the Preloaded Member ID list window. This can be used to verify that all preloaded IDs are correctly set to Used or Unused based on the existing membership list.
- Added a "Clear all Flags" option to the Database Tools menu. This option will clear the Flag field on all membership records in the database.
- Added a "Remove Duplicates" right-click menu option to the Recipients list on the Email window.
- Added the End Date to the Dues and Donation receipt reports.
- An error occurred when repeatedly using the auto-generation feature to preload member IDs.
- An error message about checking seat licenses occurred when connecting to a remote database in certain situations, but then the login continued normally.
- The Delete Dues/Donations window was opening in an "invisible" mode, making the system appear to freeze.
- Several issues involving license validation and decimal conversions when running with Windows regional settings set to French.
- Embarrassingly enough, spell-check had never been run on the help file.
- The "Enable Log" email option setting was not being saved as part of the defaults on the Email Settings tab.
- On the Membership List, a new Toggle Flag menu option has been added to the Actions menu and the right-click popup menu. Choosing this option will change the Flag field setting on all selected records from its present setting to the opposite (i.e., selected becomes unselected, and visa versa).
- Start and End Date component values (i.e., individual day, month, and year values) are now available for report criteria, user reports, and embedded email fields. This enables you to search for records with a start month of January more easily, for example.
- The Activity Front Desk can now be set as the first window to display when the application starts (via the Opening Window startup preference).
- When the Activity Front Desk window opens, the system will automatically set the Activity dropdown to the first available activity.
- The help topic for setting up a multi-user system has been expanded to also include a network diagram illustrating external and internal network profile configurations.
- The size of the Saved Search Criteria list window has been increased to display more saved searches without scrolling.
- The "Show Active Users" menu option did not work when connected to a remote database.
- New users could not be created and added to a remote database; they could only be added from the copy of MemberTies running on the server host.
- The Character Limit validation option for a custom field was not enforced when the custom field was defined as "List (Editable)".
- If a user-defined report was set to Run Immediately (i.e., so the settings window would never open), an error occurred when clicking the "Redisplay" button on the Reports window.
- The "Clear" button was not working when searching for related members or clubs from within the member record.
- The "Refresh Lists Automatically" miscellaneous preference was not affecting the Activity List, so newly added records did not appear in the list until the F5 key was pressed (or "Refresh" was selected on the Actions menu).
- An upgrade conversion error occurred if membership records existed with no Start Date. This condition was the result of a bug about 2 years ago when imported records didn't check for a Start Date. Any records found in this situation will be modified to set the missing Start Date to match the last updated date of the record.
- When adding dues entries from the Front Desk window, the member dues balance was not being updated. The balance remained unchanged until the membership record was opened and saved the next time.
- When the Dues Balance was used on views or reports, it was not formatted as currency properly. Appearing instead as a simple number.
- When adding multiple membership records at once using the Add Another option, data from subsequent records appeared on the original record in the series.
- The name of the folder created for a converted database didn't always get set correctly in the Database dropdown on the Login window, causing an error when it was selected.
- End Date validation was not being enforced when using the Front Desk window in Unattended mode.
- Various tweaks to the login/seat license validation. When logging in as the administrator, the system sometimes displayed an error that 0 users were allowed, preventing the login from continuing.
- An installation problem occurred for some users with version 3.03.
- When searching for related membership records, the system will automatically scroll the results list to the first entry that matches the last name of the current record. (The list is sortable by column heading now as well.)
- An error that occurred when setting new values in the "checkbox" fields on the Change Data (Bulk) window.
- The new membership and club fields were not being picked up when copying a record. This included the "Flag" and "Anniversary" fields on membership records, and the Other Phone 1 & 2, and Club Type fields on club records.
- The installation wizard would sometimes set paths for the server with the wrong slashes (backslash vs forward slashes). When this happened, the server could not start because it could not read the path correctly.
- Several typo's found in Help.
- When using Pre or Post-Text on a card or label, the bold, italic, and underline settings have never had any effect. This has been changed so that these settings work correctly in conjunction with pre and post-text.
- Changed the "quick name search" feature of the Membership, Club, and Activity list to look for an exact match first. If nothing is found, THEN look for a partial match. Current functionality has always been to look for a partial match immediately, under the assumption that an entire name wouldn't be typed in. But now if that is the case, it will be found.
- Added another Dues Postings report that is essentially a line-item report. The existing Dues Postings report was renamed "Dues Postings by Date" to be more accurate. The new report uses the old name, and displays each posting on a single line with a total at the bottom. Unlike the other two posting reports, this one does not include any grouping by date or member.
- Custom field data was not being copied consistently when copying a membership record. It only copied correctly when you elected to copy relationship assignments as well.
- Activity income an expense data assigned to a specific attendee could only be deleted from the activity, not from the attendee entry. This has been corrected.
- Several display issues with saved reports, i.e., reports that were saved as "Report Format" reports and then redisplayed either in MemberTies or the Report Viewer.
- Changed the server connection logic so a server port other than 3306 can be used when the server is bound to localhost. Previously, other ports were only allowed with non-localhost servers.
- An error occurred when updating custom field data using the "Change Data (Bulk)" menu option on the membership list.
- An error occurred when no data was found for a report, and the licensed club name to display on the report included an apostrophe.
- The Member ID Prefix preference was not being loaded on newly created databases, only upgrades.
Version 3.0 was a major release. Many of the issues listed were actually fixed in small patches released for version 2.30x in the months before the release, but they are listed here anyway since they occurred after the last official release.
- Avery 5392 Post Cards are now supported for user-defined reports.
- Added new "Flyer" mailing label reports that print the address (and return address if desired) in the middle third of a full sheet of paper so it can be tri-folded and mailed.
- Added a new "Membership History" report that displays the number of members who were assigned a given status in a given month and year. This report uses the status change history that is maintained for all membership records (accessed by clicking the little "book" icon next to the Start Date on the member record). Note during the upgrade to this version, you may be asked whether or not you would like to run a general cleanup of the status history to ensure that the initial status entry begins with the start date. Most users will want to run this cleanup. Read the message that is displayed for more information.
- Added two new address layouts for the United Kingdom. The current UK address layout did not match the layout specified by Royal Mail. Now, the default layout does follow the Royal Mail guidelines; but, since there are some flexibilities allowed, the existing layout is still available, and we have included another one that omits the County line, because it is noted by Royal Mail as not being necessary for delivery when the proper Post Code is used.
- Added an address layout for Australia. The layout matches that of the US and Canada, but it has been given its own option for completeness (and by popular request from our Australian users).
- Added support for command line arguments: -u [username] -p [password] -d [database] to facilitate setting up multiple shortcuts to automatically fill out the Login window for different databases.
- Modified the Import utility to allow the importing of changes to existing records. Now, if the member ID is imported, and the ID is found on an existing record, any data being imported will replace the corresponding data on the existing record.
- Added "Activity Counts by Date" and "Activity Counts by Date/Time" reports. These are complex reports that provide a detailed display of attendance for activities.
- Changed Current Attendance window so that by default it only lists people who have checked in or out on the current date. A checkbox near the bottom of the window enables you to change the display to include all dates, and the system remembers this selection the next time the window is opened.
- Changed the behavior of the "Edit Attendance Settings - Multiple Records" window so that the start date/time can be changed separately from the end date/time.
- When a member is selected on the Activity Front Desk, the End Date is displayed in red, bold, text if the date is in the past.
- Added a new "Donations by Member" report which groups by member name rather than date.
- Added donation fields to the available report criteria (i.e., donation date, amount, cheque, comments). This enables you to run more accurate donation reports.
- Increased the limit on the number of statuses that can be created from 25 to 375.
- Modified the Individual Summary report to include the member name at the top of each page.
- Added the database name to the information displayed in the application title bar area (for clarity when switching between multiple databases).
- Adjusted the location of the "Extra Label Info" that can be made to appear on system defined mailing labels (this is controlled by a membership preference). The extra info will now display in the top right of the label rather than the bottom right, to conform to postal standards.
- Changed logic that sets entries in the registry to only do so if the settings have actually changed. This helps people who do not have administrator rights to their PC run the software without the need for special privileges once the install is complete.
- Added a new Miscellaneous preference for "Live Scrolling." If your machine has an older video card or low memory and you experience erratic displays when scrolling large membership lists, try turning this preference off.
- Added a "file already exists" prompt before saving a report to the same file name as an existing file (File > Save As).
- New compression routine produces smaller download files for all versions! (Well, it's a big deal to us.)
- Added a new membership preference called "Member ID Prefix". A value entered in this field will automatically be prepended to each generated member ID (or to each ID selected from a list of preloaded IDs in the Pro version). This enables a chapter in New York to automatically begin each ID with "NY-" for example.
- Added a new report called "Membership Data Export". This report enables you to export all "importable" membership data. This includes all data on the General, Status, and Custom tabs. This report is designed to let you export basic membership data by running report, saving the data to a file, and then sending it to a sister club to import to a master database.
- Added the Head of Household and Reference fields to the list of importable fields. They were accidentally omitted from the import list when they were added to the rest of the system a few months earlier.
- We have completely replaced the 3rd party tool we use for sending email with a tool from a different vendor. This should solve problems that some users have experienced with extra spaces appearing in emails and other formatting issues. We would appreciate feedback to the support email address on how well this works. Please read the Help for this window for details about changes, especially for those who wish to embed HTML tags in the email body.
Important: You should verify that your email profile(s) still work as soon as possible. The new engine allows for greater flexibility in POP3 and SMTP authentication, and the upgrade does its best to guess which one to use based on your previous settings. Note also that this new engine allows NTLM and MSN authentication modes, which are commonly used by Microsoft services. If this applies to you, you know who you are. See Help for descriptions of the various authentication modes. (Press the F1 key when you're on the email profile editing window to open Help.)
- Modified the member Contact Info window to include the email and website data, and to include a "Copy All" button that copies all address, phone, email, and website information at once.
- The start date is no longer required. The default entry is now controlled by a preference. It can be set to populate with the current date, a given day and month of the current year, or be left blank.
- The default End Date entry is now controlled by a preference similar to the Start Date. It can be set to populate with the current date, a given day and month of the current year or following year (whichever will be in the future), or be left blank.
- A new preference now enables you to cause membership records to change to a (Delete) status if desired. This enables a kind of "second chance" in case you didn't really want to delete the record. Deleting a record that is already in the (Delete) status will remove it permanently.
- Two new options on the Post Dues window now enable you to change the Start Date and/or the End Date on the main record.
- The Status has been added to the options on the Post Dues (mass dues posting) window so it can be set as well.
- The "Save As" export feature has been modified so that when a report or list is saved to a text file, the names of the fields as shown on-screen are maintained. In addition, only visible fields are exported, so no internal or "hidden" fields will appear in the exported file. You also have the option (on lists) of exporting only the selected records instead of the entire list.
Note: Some reports will never export well, because they are multi-layered and designed for display/printing only.
- A >New< option has been added to all dropdown lists that can include user-defined entries. Choosing this option enables you to add a new entry immediately and use it.
- The query windows for the membership, club, and activity lists have been modified to include both Basic and Advanced search capability. The basic search uses a subset of the fields that used to be available. The advanced search uses the full criteria generation capabilities previously only available on reports.
- All menus have been redesigned to improve usability. The "List" menu has been replaced with an "Action" menu; Add, Edit, Delete, are now under the File menu; the membership list, club list, activity list, front desk, and reports windows are now opened via File - Open Workspace, etc.
- Photos and logos now support .bmp, .jpg, .gif, and .wmf image formats.
- A File > Print option is now available on the membership, club, and activity lists. Choosing this option will generate a printout of the entire list.
- A new Delete Postings window is available from the Actions menu. This window enables you to delete dues or donations based on date, type, status, or amount.
- Membership relationships can now include a user-defined Type (such as husband, wife, etc.), a date, and comments.
- A new menu option (Actions > Current Attendance) was added to the Activity List. This option will open the Current Attendance window, which shows everyone currently checked in or out of the activity. (The display can be limited to the current day's attendance if desired.)
- The Current Attendance window is also available from the Details button on the Activity Synopsis window, which is accessed from the Front Desk (via the icon next to the Activity dropdown list).
- An "Unattended Mode" button is now available on the activity Front Desk window. When this mode is selected, the system will display a large window that only accepts a scanned entry. When a scan is received, the system will retrieve the membership record and check them into the activity, then return to wait for the next scan.
- The underlying database structure has been replaced with a local MySQL server. This should greatly improve performance and allow for greater flexibility for future enhancements. This is a mostly behind-the-scenes change that was mammoth in scale and effort.
- Multi-user access is now supported. This change forced a complete system restructuring and a change from a Sybase database to MySQL. Note that the licensing scheme has also changed to support seat licenses.
- A "Server Utility" application is now installed with MemberTies. This is the mtsrv.exe file located in the program directory. A start menu option should also be installed unless the option is turned off during the install. This utility enables you to determine the status of the server, stop or start it, run table maintenance, and more.
- A new shutdown preference enables you to tell the system to logout after a certain number of minutes. The smallest allowed timeout is 30 seconds. This is designed for situations where the system is in a public area.
- Activity income and expenses can now be associated with Activity attendance records or left unassigned.
- A new miscellaneous preference enables you to turn on the display of a fourth address line. In addition, the name of each line can be changed. For example, if you want to use the first line for "Department", you can set the name to appear as "Department" instead of "Address Line 1".
- Removed the system process that disabled a user account after 90 days of inactivity. It is now up to you to remove any user accounts that are no longer valid. The system will never turn them off.
- Removed the "three strikes and you're out" account locking process that disabled an account if the password was entered incorrectly three times in a row. You are free to enter the wrong password any number of times.
- The preference to save the membership, club, or activity list sort order each time the window was closed has been removed. The list will always open using the predefined sort order (for system lists), or using the user defined primary/secondary sort for Views.
- A new Preview feature is available on the membership, club, and activity lists to enable you to view additional data about a membership record without actually opening the membership details window. The Preview Panel can be enabled or disabled as desired, and can include one or two previews of data. There are various preview data options available. For example, on the membership list, previews include, "Last Three Dues Entries", "Assigned Items", "To Do List", "Current Address", etc.
- Membership records now include the Middle Name field instead of the Middle Initial. If a single letter is entered in this field, the system will automatically save it with the trailing period. i.e., an entry of "A" will save as "A.", but an entry of "Andrew" will remain unchanged.
- The number of available custom fields on membership and club records has been increased from 12 to 20.
- Queries are now smart enough to recognize that an entry of Sm% really means "LIKE Sm%". Essentially, if you include a wildcard "%" symbol in the text of a field on a search (basic search, related member/club search, or attendee search) the system will assume you meant to use the LIKE qualifier if you don't use anything else. Likewise, if you DID use a qualifier such as LIKE, RLIKE, NOT LIKE, or NOT RLIKE, nothing will be modified.
- On the Membership List, the menu options for toggling the Include in Mailings/Include on Reports checkboxes have been removed. Instead, a new Change Data option has been added that enables you to change data in dozens of membership record fields and then apply the changes to all records currently selected on the membership list.
- The quick search option on the Membership List (where you can simply type a name and it appears in a "search" box above the list) has been modified. Now, if no Last Name is found that matches the entry, the Member ID field is also searched (if that field is part of the list).
- A "Flag" field has been added to membership records. This field is intended for temporary marking of records for whatever reason is necessary. It can be used as report or search criteria, and can be toggled on or off from the membership list via the new Change Data window.
- New receipt reports, one for dues, another for donations, have been added. The receipt can be printed directly from the dues entry window, or run from the Reports window like other reports.
- A status code can now be marked for Daily Dues Proration, rather than only monthly. This translates to the Dues Calculator as well, so dues can be calculated by day or month, or without proration.
- When adding new attendees to an activity, the activity status, role, start/end date, and income/expense values can be entered on the search window itself. Each selected member will
automatically be assigned all values entered. This enables you to add attendees without having to subsequently edit each record to set roles, status, etc.
- A new Member Status Report has been added. This simple report displays the member name, status, start and end date.
- A "Message of the Day" preference has been added. Access to change this setting can be controlled via Security Settings.
- Help has been completely rewritten to follow the new Microsoft standard for HTML help. Lots more graphics, better organization, and more than 5,000 indexes, links and topics. In addition, we've put the "Help" button back on all the windows to make it easier to use. You can still press F1 to open help, but the button makes it a little more accessible.
- A simple window for removing invalid email addresses has been added. This window is available under the Actions menu. An email address that has been returned to you as invalid can be entered on this window, and the system will search membership and club records to find and remove it. If you wish, the address will be moved to the Comments section of the record with an appropriate comment.
- Added an "Anniversary" field to membership records. This is a standard date field, available to reports and for queries.
- Added a preference to identify the day on which the club's year "begins". This date is used for more accurate dues prorating via the Dues Calculator. The month and day are set with the preference, then the month is used when prorating dues by month, or the month and day are both used when prorating dues by day.
- Spacing on the Dues Postings reports did not allow them to fit on A4 paper.
- The Edit icon is available when no row is selected on the Dues and Donations tabs.
- An error occurred on the Data Tests window when more than one duplicate of a membership record was found and you attempted to delete two or more duplicates at once.
- The sort option for State/Province on mailing labels was not working correctly.
- Import window was requiring a last name when importing an update to an existing record. The name should not be required.
- Only the first file listed in the Related Files list would open, no matter which file was actually selected.
- The dues balance was not defaulting to zero on newly imported records.
- An extra line appeared on address blocks when Address Line 3 was populated but Address Line 2 was not.
- Corrected the maximum allowed length of the default report title on user reports. The limit was supposed to be 40 characters, but the window was limiting entry to 30 characters.
- ToDo List report was not displaying properly.
- The display of inactive assigned items was incorrect. When a member is assigned an item that is later made inactive, the item should still appear on the membership record, but should not be available to new item entries.
- Removed a redundant "Address Name" report criteria. It should not appear twice in the fields list on the Report Settings window.
- The Dues Standings report was grouping by last name/first name rather than the full name. This caused a mixing of entries when the name differed only in suffix or middle initial (i.e., entries for John Smith Jr. would combine with John Smith Sr.) The group settings have been corrected to use the full name (first, middle, last, suffix).
- Sorting on several dues reports was changed to use the full name by default to avoid grouping accounts when more than one person has the same first and last name.
- Attendance field were not working properly on all activity reports (summary, detail, etc.).
- The import of birthday data was not correct. The birthdate month and day should be imported as MMDD or DDMM as appropriate to the user's regional settings.
- When importing updates to existing records, the import was expecting the address name value to be part of the import, and if there was no address name, it ignored any address data. Now, if there is only one address available for the target membership record, it will update that with address data in
the import. If more than one address is available on the target record, the Address Name must be provided or the address data will be ignored.
- Prevented an error from occurring when the import was determined to be an update to an existing record, and no data is being imported for the record. i.e., an import record containing only an existing member ID and no other data should not do anything, but also shouldn't generate an error.
- Corrected some issues around running certain types of SQL command files from Support.
- The Dues Standings and Account Statement reports were combining entries when the entire name matched another member name exactly (i.e., two John Q Smiths). The group settings have been corrected to include the internal ID number in the group to ensure uniqueness.
- Corrected spacing on user defined labels to correct a formatting problem when using a field that may not contain data, such as Address Line 2.
- Moved the page number field slightly to the left on user-defined reports to help A4 formatting.
- Replaced the email .dll files to try to solve some random connection problems experienced by some users. For the technically minded... the anpop.dll and ansmtp.dll files have been replaced by mailbee.dll.
- A change made previously to allow separate editing of the start date/time vs end date/time on an activity (when editing multiple records at once) caused the times to stop saving correctly when editing only one record at a time. This was corrected so times save correctly no matter how many records are edited at one time.
- The system defined Membership Card report would display the Member ID as 0 (zero) when the Member ID contained alpha-characters.
- The progress bar displayed on the Email window was modified to more accurately represent the progress from 1 to 100% of the messages being sent. This corrects the problem of the progress bar "stalling" when sending large volumes of email.
- Odd behavior occurred when a date was selected on the popup calendar, and the calendar was positioned such that another clickable icon was displayed on the window directly below the calendar. In this situation, the icon below the calendar was activated when the calendar closed if the selected date was "above" the other icon.
- The sorting/grouping logic on the Activity by Member report was incorrect. The report didn't always display correctly when large numbers of activities/members were retrieved.
Copyright 2008 Myrro International - All rights reserved.